This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Cycle to Work Day 2010
Is today!!  Just rode in with a mate on a road bike (I was on the Whyte).  Kind of felt he wasn't really trying as hard as i was but again my back was sore so the pace was modest.  It was about 15-16 miles on today's chosen route and took about an hour.  Will be interesting to see if i can keep up when we blast home.   Just off to redeem my free breakfast for participating.  I think i can also claim a baloon  8)

Who else rode in today?  How far?  Did you get anything for it?
A heads up before today may have helped.... 5 miles for me so I cant ride in but the bike is in the back of my car so does that count?
I didnt even know it was on  :B
I rode in, a leisurely 4km, but then again I always ride in. So does that mean I should have come by car for a change.

As a note I did see more people on bikes coming to work this morning. I wonder if that is connected.
I suppose I could go home at lunch time and come in again by bike, but that would be defeating the object a bit  Sad
Agree it wasn't brilliantly publicised this year, i only found out about it a few days ago and that was through work
If i was working i would be cycling, however im not so my work for today is to do a nice big loop round surrey.
No one believes you have a job so why do you keep the charade (GTti) up?
He must have a job, he told me he sleeps a lot whilst he's there.
Didn't fancy trying to find a sensible route from Canterbury to Gillingham and then not being able to shower at work. T'other half however cycled to Sandwich on an organised ride, got a full english and not only has decent showers at work but towels provided too. Not fair  :'(