This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avid 3.5 brake lever
It seems you cant buy these? Anyone got any suggestions as a friend has bent his lever slightly and needs it replacing, he seems to think his only option is to replace the entire front brake?

Suggestions please? Smile
Anyone have any suggestions? Sad
Only aftermarket levers that you can buy are expensive ! If you take the whole lever assy off you will probally have to rebleed, so factor the cost of the lever assambely and bleed ... will probally be cheaper to buy a whole new Avid 3 brake
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-disc-brakes/avid-disc-brakes/avid-disc-brake-sale.html">http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain- ... -sale.html</a><!-- m -->
Yer, saw something about straightlines but they are £50 odd for a pair of levers alone! Could try Avid importer but maybe better just to buy a new one or look on ebay for one cheap with a faulty caliper or something and mix and match good bits
i've got a new avid brake lever, think it's for a 5 but don't buy anything yet and i will find out over the weekend
Keep it foolish...
Yeah my friend is just looking at buying a new brake, just seems barmy that that would have to be the case! Thanks alkali, will pass on all this info to my friend Smile
&quot;Matt Saunby&quot; Wrote:Yeah my friend is just looking at buying a new brake, just seems barmy that that would have to be the case! Thanks alkali, will pass on all this info to my friend Smile

Check out the link i posted 35 quid an end for juicy 3's
Yeah wicked, thanks mate I will pass that on, wouldnt suprise me if he goes for that