This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPD platform peddles
Aghhhh, i've just broken the axel on my 09 Crank Brothers Mallets >Sad  Cant get another set of Mallets as they are £70, so am thinking of another set of Shimano DX's or Time Z Freeride, both around £44. Anyone on here used both and can tell me which has the grippiest platform?
how?
"Treehugger" Wrote:which has the grippiest platform?

Proper pedals
"leadbasher" Wrote:how?

No idea Undecided  Was just riding up and down the road sorting the bike out for tomorrow when i heard a crack, look down and the peddles at 45deg!
Noticed just now that CRC do axles for other CB peddles so assuming somewhere dose spares for the Mallets too? Off to have a look.
Holy crap.... wont be buying CB's then :o
"Breezer" Wrote:Proper pedals
No i'm not getting flats!
I've never had trouble with Shimano stuff.
do they use the same axle as the egg beaters? I have some sitting around the workshop.
"MudMonkey" Wrote:I've never had trouble with Shimano stuff.

Ditto. Ive never busted spds, though I dont hurl myself off stuff like you do
Andy. Nigel does though and uses those DX SPD with cages I think. Have you looked at them?
Steve what ever you do DO NOT buy CB pedals.

Andy, the the Z's are a nice pedal & big enough platform to find & rest your foot on.. still has the spd bit in the middle though so security is not high on the agenda but then again, they cant be any worst than any other spd platform for the same reason