This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lydden race track
I had an excellent although blinking hot day at Lydden (yes it was good despite being in Kent) watching proper sport, motorsport.....although it had the downside of increasing my competition rage at not being able to compete myself atm, made even worse by an Integra winning one of the saloon races!
The Integra isn't a saloon Wink  I think motorsport should be our national sport. a lot of the top teams are based here and we are regularly bloody good on an international level, plus they actually risk their lives for their huge paychecks (witness Webber's crash today)*

Most of that was tung in cheek by the way Wink
Its a generic term Andy, if you were into cars and motorsport at all you would know that. Webbers crash was his own fault and tiny compared to the GP2 one a while back, still reasonably impressive but then he is used to being upside down due to useless german cars at Le Mans
"Breezer" Wrote:and as for the forwards jesus....

Big Grin I think you will find Jesus is playing for Argentina or Brazil

"Breezer" Wrote:stop bothering us middle class
  Big Grin Although said in jest its says so much

"Breezer" Wrote:I had an excellent although blinking hot day at Lydden (yes it was good despite being in Kent) !

Wrong, Lydden is a crap circuit  Tongue
I hope that last comment is a joke?
"Breezer" Wrote:I hope that last comment is a joke?

Nope, always hated the Circuit although local. Too micky mouse, too slippery (for bikes) to dangerous (the bank at Devil's Elbow and the old bank at Paddock but not so bad now), and I always had crap luck there  Sad so I am using Breezer logic to condem the place  Wink
Closeness of the banks is irrelevant as they are off the track, why would you be off the track? Should do some hillclimbs.....
"Breezer" Wrote:Closeness of the banks is irrelevant as they are off the track, why would you be off the track? Should do some hillclimbs.....

I have done hillclimbs Breezer (although only at Valence) and you drive with tha fact that its a only a hillclimb in mind and there is only you on the track.

A propper "racing" circuit (as Lydden claims to be) should bear in mind that people "racing" each other sometimes crash due to "racing incidents" that you don't get on a hillclimb (not always their fault) or from having mechanical failures. I have seen many bad accidents at Lydden that could have been avoided with better run off.

"why would you be off the track?"
You are obviously not as fast as I thought you were  Wink
Bottom line is, I dont like the place, you may think its Auto / Moto Nirvana, but its not mine  ??)
Valence stopped the year before I started competing Sad

I know my limit and the cars hence no need to go off the track. The time I buried myself in the tyre wall at Goodwood, at least 5" of the car were still on the track Tongue
"Abzz" Wrote:Nope, always hated the Circuit although local. Too micky mouse, too slippery (for bikes) to dangerous (the bank at Devil's Elbow and the old bank at Paddock but not so bad now), and I always had crap luck there  Sad so I am using Breezer logic to condem the place  Wink

Just cos you have been rubbish there, that's no grounds on which to condemn an excellent venue. I love Lydden, it's a great little track and I love beating people who moan about it Big Grin