This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Papa or Bee Experts!
Got a slight Bee problem at my flat, i think there building a nest, they were swarming lots but they have all gone and attached themselves to the wall now.

Ive spoken to the committee chair that looks after are block and apparently they come every year and they cant do anything about them. Personally i am not bothered, i quite like bees and happy to have the windows open with them. However my girlfriend is freaking out thinking they are going to swarm and attack her, i quote "IM NOT HAVING THE F*****G WINDOWS OPEN, I HATE THEM, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING, THEY WILL STING ME!!" Ive tried to calm her down but shes now on a war path ringing the council, pest controll etc lol.

Will the swarm calm down once they have made there little love nest?

I think there honey bees?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I recommend you get this DVd for the evening:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/The-Deadly-Bees-DVD/3454246/product.html?cid=133635">http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-M ... cid=133635</a><!-- m -->
Only Buzz could have a bee problem....

I'll get me coat  :B
My GF's parent had this twice last year. They called a local beekeeper and he came round both times, collected them up (as you do!?) and took them home. And seemed chuffed to bits about it. Find a local beekeeper in your yellow pages.
"Calm down dear, its only a commercial" (points at the bike)
Ash she has already mentioned "look what happened in that film" lol

Apparently they have had a bee keeper out on previous years and he said to just leave them which is what I'm quite happy to do. It is right under our bathroom window so I can kind of see the girlfriends point about being naked in the shower when they attack!!lol
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:"Calm down dear, its only a commercial" (points at the bike)

+1!

A bee keeper will over the moon with those for nowt & the lovely little bees will get a lovely new place to live Big Grin
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:Ash she has already mentioned "look what happened in that film" lol

Apparently they have had a bee keeper out on previous years and he said to just leave them which is what I'm quite happy to do. It is right under our bathroom window so I can kind of see the girlfriends point about being naked in the shower when they attack!!lol

Does your gf often shower with the window wide open?
Ha ha ha yes breeder, bring some binoculars round.

Winner that joke was as bad as breezer.

May have a ring around to see if I can find a bee keeper then.
Closer up one, im hanging out of the bathroom window, what do you think would happen if i was to put my hand in there and try and find the queen?

Think im going to quit my day job and start honey production.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />