This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boiler Problem
Any plumbers on Sketchy? Woke up this morning and we have no hot water  Sad.

I have checked the boiler and a red error LED is indicating a fault with the fan or flue. It is a Main Combi 30HE and we had it fitted new just over 3 years ago (and out of warranty by about 3 months  >Sad). Any ideas on likely problem / costs to get it repaired?

Need to get it sorted asap as wife & teenage daughter will be bending my ear as soon as I get home from work ...

Thanks in advance!
Check for fuses, if fan won't run then boiler wont fire up... had fan motor fail on an old boiler years ago at my old place... took a day to get and an hour to fit... may not be so easy on more modern stuff.

Leadbasher knows his stuf... may be others but I have a rubbish memory.
For what its worth, get some prices form plumbers if you need parts - then come and see me last - I'll sort you out for any parts you may need.

(Hopefully you dont need any though, if you catch my drift)
Thanks guys. Plumber has already been in and fixed it this afternoon. It was a valve of some kind which has been cleaned up and is now working fine. Cost £30 so all in all not so bad!
That's great news Mark, can't moan at £30 either Smile

I was gonna suggest tapping the fan unit, as that's seized on our combi many times, squirt of 3in1 oil kep it going for years though Smile