This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O ring required
I have a Specialized Air tool comp track pump which has come a cropper.  When using it the other day it suddenly seized on the down stroke  Undecided  It would'nt go up or down so I unscrewed the top of the shaft and discovered that the o ring had worn through and split.  I've been to halfords & B&Q to look at replacement rings however they dont have anything the right size.

A quick google turned up THIS.  The outside of the pump shaft says its a 31mm bore so I reckon a 32mm x 5mm thick ought to do the job?

I went to Geoff Wiles who phoned Spesh up and were told they dont do these as spares.  What they did day was if the pump was returned to them they would replace it with a new one at half price.  So would I be better off replacing it altogether?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Take old one into a o ring seller ( a proper one !) and they should be able to match it up for you
This reminds me, my jet wash needs an o-ring... has done for some years now... I'd be surprised if the bu99er works if I do replace it!
I have a bit of an o ring collection in the garage. I'll have a look when I get chance.
I'm home tonight, but away for the rest of the week, so might not be for a couple of days.

5mm is a big o ring. Do you have any of the old one left?
It's important that you get it quite close to right or it won't work at the high pressures it should.  
Hydralic & Engineering Services (H&E for short) on the Medway City Estate normally have a good collection of O rings
I've still got the old one but I'm not really sure how to measure it accurately.  If I put it against a tape measure its 5mm but accept this may not be the best way.

I'll take some pics and post them up.

Any "proper" (yes Tommy, proper f#cked lol) o ring sellers about?
"stayhigh65" Wrote:I've still got the old one but I'm not really sure how to measure it accurately.  If I put it against a tape measure its 5mm but accept this may not be the best way.

I'll take some pics and post them up.

Any "proper" (yes Tommy, proper f#cked lol) o ring sellers about?

as above & cant get much closer to you either
Will check them out, cheers Lagging Smile