This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldbury Ride - Thursday 8th July - 6.30 meet
Who fancies a nice blast round the singletrack of Oldbury on thursday evening then. I reckon 2 hours max and maybe 14 miles.
Im thinking we can also go try out the gnarly rock steps (ive not included these in any of my tours before), Treacle's Climb, Duck Run, Car Wash, the Rock Garden Descent to Ightham Mote, The Steps and maybe even the Thunderous Descent of Doom.
Roll Call
Blackers
Treacle
Matt (possibly)
Abzz
if i can get away from uni in time (not sure if i will yet as there's a big end of year event thursdasy and friday) i will be there
Hmm good idea young Mr Blackers
If you dont mind I may come on this rather than BBH (then i get to see the WC semi Smile) will we need lights?
Why thankyou Mr Abzz.
We should be done by 9pm so no lights needed. I was planning on doing BBH this week aslo but im sat at home unwell (allergy related to my coeliac test) at the moment. I will be well by thursday but tomorrow I shall be working late to make up for today. Hope to be home for the footy though.
If anybody else fancies this but cant make 6.30 we can do a short loop and return to the car park at 7pm to pick up late arrivers.
"Abzz" Wrote:(then i get to see the WC semi Smile)

You're meeting George Michael?
"BMJBOY" Wrote:You're meeting George Michael?

Big Grin Boom Tish!

Yea I think he said meet him at his cottage or somthing like that anyway!
"Blackers" Wrote:Why thankyou Mr Abzz.
We should be done by 9pm so no lights needed. I was planning on doing BBH this week aslo but im sat at home unwell (allergy related to my coeliac test) at the moment. I will be well by thursday but tomorrow I shall be working late to make up for today. Hope to be home for the footy though.
If anybody else fancies this but cant make 6.30 we can do a short loop and return to the car park at 7pm to pick up late arrivers.

Get well soon mate  Sad OK I will probably come straight from work in Borough Green (If I remember the bike in the morning  :B)
I'll come if I can travel with someone? From Rochester or Hempstead way..
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
me and my mate keith wanna come along.  is this going to be ok for our first ride and how do we get there?  ;D
"spikeyjack" Wrote:me and my mate keith wanna come along.  is this going to be ok for our first ride and how do we get there?  ;D

Its just off the A25 between Borough Green and Seal near to the Crown Point Inn here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?.....874&t=h&z=16">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?.....874&t=h&z=16</a><!-- m -->

You should be fine as we are a social lot and the quickest always wait for the slowest (sometimes me  :B)