This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: WHYTE PRST-4
As great admirer of the Whyte PRST-4 mountainbike model, I am looking for a well maintained one, size 19". Frame, plus four fork (spherical bearing) linkages and quadlink swingarm must be in good condition. I am willing to pay a very good price for a PRST-4 in excellent condition. So, if anyone who knows where to find & buy a fine Whyte PRST-4, please let me know. Any replies welcome. Thank you.
"Capricorn" Wrote:As great admirer of the Whyte PRST-4 mountainbike model, I am looking for a well maintained one, size 19". Frame, plus four fork (spherical bearing) linkages and quadlink swingarm must be in good condition. I am willing to pay a very good price for a PRST-4 in excellent condition. So, if anyone who knows where to find & buy a fine Whyte PRST-4, please let me know. Any replies welcome. Thank you.

I may be wrong but Mbnut on here has one & something in my mind tells me he was trying to sell it a few months back. Unfortunately you wont get hold of him for a week or so as hes currently out in Sunny France doing the MegaAvalance
mbnut on here sold one about a year ago to someone in America, quite hard to find. He is in France at the moment but when he is back he may be able to offer advice about any others he knows of
You need to have a chat with Mbnut but he is currently in ther Alps.
so yeah... Mbnut's your man  Big Grin
He did sell it to a guy in the US - I recall discussing the packaging requirements with him.

Thats probably how you found this page was based on the advert,,,
I'll close the stable door now.
Thanks for the prompt response. When searching the net for "Whyte PRST-4 for sale", Mbnut's bike came up, altough it has been for sale quite a while I guess. I have contacted Mbnut about a week ago but got no reply. Curious if he or any other bikes can help me out.
Long gone matey, as far as I know.

Try posting a WTD ad on SingletrackWorlds forums - best place for used bikes.
What would you guys think a reasonable price for a well maintained Whyte PRST-4? As an industrial design engineer I am just as interested in the radical design & clever mechanical details as in the riding quality of this bike. I would like to preserve one and keep it riding as a part of our industrial heritage.