This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Shox service
So im venturing into suspension servicing, shock is loosing air and im pretty sure its a new seal kit needed. So ive take off the shock and have the kit for TTF but how to you remove the bushings from the lower end so the air can sleeve will slip off so i can change the seals ?.

Shock is a Fox Float R. Help please  Undecided
You need to put them in a vice and gently twist and pull off. Just be careful not to tighten the vice too much as the mount kits are soft alloy.
[quote="]You need to put them in a vice and gently twist and pull off. Just be careful not to tighten the vice too much as the mount kits are soft alloy.[/quote"]

Ive taken the shock out and pulled off the silver sleevey bits on either side leaving only the silver axle thing which runs through the middle, is that the bit you mean i can just twist and pull off ?
Yes that's the mount, the other bits are just spacers. Sometimes the spacers/axle are the same and join in the middle. Yours is slightly different in that you have a one piece mount, use a vice or gently tap out with a soft hammer. The bushing is the bit that is still left inside the shock eyelet once the 'axle' or mounting kit is removed
Check out TFTuned.com for pics and more detailed instructions. Ideally you should use a vice and you will need a removal tool if you want to change the bushings.
Think ill be needing a vice then, ill give it a go tomorrow, might even take it down to activ and see if they will take them out for me in a vice.
Youshould be able to remove it with a soft hammer and molegrips, just make sure you put some protection between the grips and the mount kit. A vice will be needed to refit it though as it must go back in straight to avoid damage to the bushing.
When you refit the air can you should also ensure the rebound switch is set to minimum, ie slowest. This will help with getting the can back on.
Good guide on teh fox webbie too IIRC.  Come to think of it i should probably do mine soon too...
So if a grip the axle/reducers in the vice and twist it off ?
Managed to get the mount out but going to replace with a heavy duty one from Ttf, buying the bushing tool too so I can remove my old one and replace with new. Figure ill always need one in the future. Still cheaper than sending away