This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid on my knee
As a few may be aware I came off my bike about 5 weeks ago now & landed on my knee. Although it doesn't hurt in normal use I seem to have what you can describe as a soft floating padding about 1cm thick over the whole of my knee. Is it a trip to the doctors or shall I just wait to see what happens  Undecided
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:As a few may be aware I came off my bike about 5 weeks ago now & landed on my knee. Although it doesn't hurt in normal use I seem to have what you can describe as a soft floating padding about 1cm thick over the whole of my knee. Is it a trip to the doctors or shall I just wait to see what happens  Undecided

Erm, you haven't still got your knee pads on?
I would hazzard a guess that your GP may have a better medical knowledge than the collective mind of Sketchy.  Wink Get to the docs.
Have you tried wiping it off?

(I would suggest doctors, may need draining with a fck off needle, doubt it will just go away like a bruise...)
"Blackers" Wrote:I would hazzard a guess that your GP may have a better medical knowledge than the collective mind of Sketchy.  Wink Get to the docs.

you haven't met my doctor. Last advice I got from him was about my nose. Damn great piece of twisted septum totally blocking the nostril... advice was to use Vics nasal spray to see if that would clear it..
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:you haven't met my doctor. Last advice I got from him was about my nose. Damn great piece of twisted septum totally blocking the nostril... advice was to use Vics nasal spray to see if that would clear it..

Oh dear. My GP is superb. Im lucky to be honest as most seem to crap/foreign.
Ham it up and go to A&E at a quiet time instead.
Blayne go and see your GP now :
Recently Mrs Abzz had a bad fall on her MTB (the famous suicidal bunny one) and a large fluidy lump came up. She thought it was just a swelling that would go down an waited. When it didnt subside in a few weeks she went to the GP who at first gave her some cream for it  :Smile, a week later it was still there so she returned, and it was diagnosed as now being calcified matter and she is stuck with it, according to GP even if she has surgery to remove it (under our private healthcare) it will grow back again. She then got the "you should have come soner and we may have had more options" routine  Sad  
"Abzz" Wrote:Blayne go and see your GP now :
Recently Mrs Abzz had a bad fall on her MTB (the famous suicidal bunny one) and a large fluidy lump came up. She thought it was just a swelling that would go down an waited. When it didnt subside in a few weeks she went to the GP who at first gave her some cream for it  :Smile, a week later it was still there so she returned, and it was diagnosed as now being calcified matter and she is stuck with it, according to GP even if she has surgery to remove it (under our private healthcare) it will grow back again. She then got the "you should have come soner and we may have had more options" routine  Sad  

Looks like I'm off to the Quacks then  Sad
"Abzz" Wrote:She then got the "you should have come soner and we may have had more options" routine  Sad  

Sounds like the NHS I know. If they fail at something then they blame the patient for not treating it fast enough to take the heat off themselves. Private healthcare FTW

Blayne defo get down the docs, or even A&E as suggested by Blackers.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Might be burstitus (sp?) Basically when the fluid sacks around the knee burst due to impact ... Had it plenty of times playing rugby.  Solution for me was either a big needle to suck it all out (Feels v/weird) or tablets,  Failing that just jab yoursellf with a sharp object and if clear fluid leaks out you've probably juts solved it