This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanging bike by wheel
Trying to sort out garage.

Want to look at hanging the bikes on the wall with the hangers that you hook your front wheel into.

Obviously ok for road bike etc but do you reckon its ok for MTB, forks fluid/brake fluid issues due to gravity?
Plenty of bike trailers ar desgined to have MTB hung upside down. See it and Cwn carn uplift days and on a massive scale in the alps last week. You could just make or buy a hanger that hangs them up the right way?
Well, Fox say you should store the bike upside down to lubricate the seals, but Avid brakes dont like being upside down, even my Elixir's, but i only have to pump them for 30sec to get the lever back so no bigie. Personnally i would prefer storing it on a rack on the wall or something. Nick did this and it didnt take up much room. Dont know what rack he had though.
Avid brakes really are brilliant, cant wait till payday so I can get some

What about something like this, quite a few on CRC, prob find cheaper on ebay http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=50393
a simple car bike rack screwed to the wall will do the same, pick one up at a bootsale for tenna!
oooo thats quite expensive, also have to hang 4 bikes so not the room for 2 of those.
I regularly upturn my bike to lube the seals overnight and have never had this problem with my Elixirs weirdly. Ive heard its a common thing though. Probabloy explains why Avid brakes dont sell well in australia.
"Blackers" Wrote:I regularly upturn my bike to lube the seals overnight and have never had this problem with my Elixirs weirdly. Ive heard its a common thing though. Probabloy explains why Avid brakes dont sell well in australia.
Lol
Presumably they only ride backwards there as the wheels spin the other way
I have one of these.  Pretty cheap and does the job of holding 2 bikes and doubling as a rudimentary repair stand.  2 of these could be mounted one above the other to hold 4 bikes.

Agreed (my) Avid brakes do not like being stored upside down or on the side