This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any hints for Blean Woods?
Hi folks, first post so be gentle! Wink

Going to try to get down for a ride around Blean Woods tomorrow at some point (time will depend on when I finish sorting the car).

Any hints for finding the trails, best place to park, areas to avoid etc? Not been before so anything would be helpful.

Cheers,

Si
There is a car park in Blean Woods.There are no marked mtb trails,but from the carpark,most run from left hand side of access road.From here your just going to have to follow any trail you see.Most of the singletrack tends to run in a northerly direction,towards Dunkirk.The further away from carpark,especially towards Dunkirk/A2 end,the more trails there are.But this is a generalisation,there are trails elsewhere.Good luck,enjoy and be prepared to get muddy.
Top stuff, thanks for that.

Yeah, I think being muddy is going to be a bit of a theme on my rides for the foreseeable future!

Cheers,

Si
Explore strava and zoom in on blean woods. Should show some of the trails. There is a sketchymtb group on there there will deffo be a map on those rides....
Cheers, looks like tomorrow now so I've got time to take a look!

Cheers

Si