This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fork advice
I'm selling a set of DT Swiss forks and have been offered a reduced price for the following reason

"advise from a very good friend of mine who is a partner in LBS, says they would need stripping, cleaning, oil change and new seals because they have done nothing, therefore seal's perish and oil will leak over that length of time"

Does he have a point, aside from his terrible grammar?

Cheers
I dunno, but I got a set of marzocchis that hadn't been used despite being a few years old, they'd been stored horizontally (under the dude's bed apparently) and we're just fine.

Incidentally, I too had a bad grammar, she never had boiled sweets, always over cooked her cabbage and got drunk on sherry at Christmas.
Keep it foolish...
That's a load of crap Nick, they will still be like new inside. He is just trying to scam you into letting them go cheap, i've never heard of forks having a sell by date lol.
Exactly what I thought. Cheers all