This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Cheap car
Morning all

After the Pugs rather abysmal MOT I've sadly got to find myself a new motor :?

Something like a Focus, 307 etc 5 dr hatchback or estate, ideally under 10 years old and 100k miles.

It maybe a bit of a reach as I only have around £700 to play with but worth an ask Wink

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
From recent experience, avoid Focus TDCi about that age, unless the fuel pump's been replaced.
If it struggles to fire up on start, walk away. I didn't know that & bought thinking it was ok, replaced 2 injectors (they fail with bits of metal from pump in) and part Ex'd for the pug while it was OK.

My pug 307 engine wise was ok (paid £1600 last september, 2004 2.0 HDi with 140k on clock). The starter often struggled to turn it over fast enough to fire up, was recommended to fit a later more powerful one. The front suspension was always bangy/noisy in the year I had it and had to replace the clutch & DMF after 5000 miles, local guy fitted a normal flywheel & clutch for less than price of buying the DMF & clutch!

Thankfully white van man smashed into the front end while parked at home & LV wrote it off Smile
I now have a (hopefully) lovely Astra TwinTop, they have issues too, but this one's been well looked after and had a lotta work done recently, so fingers crossed it's a goodun.
Now as it happens I've ended up with double the money so yesterday I test drove a rearly nice 307sw 1.6hdi.

The catch only catch is the MOT is up in 2 months so have asked seller to out on a new one as he assures me it will sail through and has no advisories from the last one.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Excellent news mate!
With luck it'll sail thru the MOT again and you'll have a reliable car again. Be nice to have something you don't have to worry about huh!