This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seating your tubeless tyre in 2 minutes!!
No Airshot... No Coke Bottle Bodge, no doctored fire extinguishers...

Just a tyre lever!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dirtmountainbike.com/videos/tubeless-tyre-fitting-in-2minutes.html">http://dirtmountainbike.com/videos/tube ... nutes.html</a><!-- m -->
Looks harder work than my fire extinguisher.

I did once try and do this on the trail with a burped tyre, didn't work for me
This is the way I do my tubeless with just a track pump to get the air in. Find you don't even have to do it all the way around normally, as long as you get it on both sides of the valve a good way both sides it will pop up nicely.
Skid Wrote:This is the way I do my tubeless with just a track pump to get the air in. Find you don't even have to do it all the way around normally, as long as you get it on both sides of the valve a good way both sides it will pop up nicely.

i agree Smile
I guess you need to get one of those things to allow you to add sealant through the valve using this method then?
sirromj Wrote:I guess you need to get one of those things to allow you to add sealant through the valve using this method then?

Nope I've always just got most of the tyre on then added the Sealant in the gap before putting the last of the tyre on.
Although adding It through the value works well if you have the proper syring thingy..
Any syringe does the job of getting sealant through the valve as long as the valve has a removable core. I have a small stash of 25ml syringes from my lab days that are worth pennies each, if that
I also use a small syringe. Matt pointed out the tyre lever thing on the old forum. Been usefull.
Mike (Uphilldowndale) got some syringes for a bunch of us years ago which work a treat, think they were a couple of quid. Will have to try that seating meathod.