This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paypal precaution
Just a little snippet of advice when selling & using Paypal.

Whilst I'm a fond user of Paypal & the protection it offers you as a buyer, you just need to be a little careful when using it as a seller. I've had to use the Paypal buyer protection a few times to resolve issues when buying things off Ebay & they are nothing but short of excellent.

One big concern is if the buyer wants to use their own courier. What happens is that because they as the buyer arranges collection, you as a seller do not have any tracking information. If the buyer wishes he can then say he did not get the delivery, raise a dispute with Paypal & they have no alternative other than issue the buyer with a full refund & you cannot do anything about that....Paypal know its an issue but because of their buyer protection they have tied their own hands.. The way around this is for the buyer to pay using the Gift option but this has also to be the "Friends & Family" option. This however offers the buyer no protection so if they are legit, they may be un-willing to pay you this way....
Thanks for the heads up on this buddy, would getting a receipt from the courier not be prove enough? I know we can get them off couriers when picking up things from work.
I think getting proof of delivery from the courier you didn't organise is the problem. Receipt of collection and proof of delivery aren't the same things as the courier could loose it themselves. Spoke to PayPal a few times today and there recommendation is to pay for the courier yourself even if it costs you as in the long run it could save you a whole lot of hassle
That good to know thanks buddy.