This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey GPS route
Put my GPS on my bike for a ride, here is one of my normal loops with all my favorite sections.

Its 15miles long with 2000ft of climbing/descending, it took me 3hours with 1 short stop. The route should be perfect as i didnt make any mistakes and continued on the route from trail to trail.

There are some very steep sections but you can see them coming, there are a few jumps but you can go round them.

Disclaimer: If you hurt yourself dont blame me  Wink

Longer more xc orientated GPS coming next week.

On the Garmin Connect site.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48489334

Attached Files
.gpx   Less than 1 minute ago">surreymedium100910_4269.gpx (Size: 1.08 MB / Downloads: 0)
5 hours with plenty of stops for me then ;D

What trails does this include Russ, BKB, Yogurt pots etc?
Yes it includes, BKB, Yogurts, T2, T3, Proper BO, Telegraph, christmas pud, off camber and lots of others.

Theres about half a mile of road in it.
Pic attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Cheers Russ.
I think christmas pud is my new favorite surrey trail. Sooooo much fun.  ;D
Thanks Russ, you mentioned in an earlier post about grading the rides. If so, what is this one?
"Buzz" Wrote:Put my GPS on my bike for a ride, here is one of my normal loops with all my favorite sections.

Its 15miles long with 2000ft of climbing/descending, it took me 3hours with 1 short stop. The route should be perfect as i didnt make any mistakes and continued on the route from trail to trail.

There are some very steep sections but you can see them coming, there are a few jumps but you can go round them.

Disclaimer: If you hurt yourself dont blame me  Wink

Longer more xc orientated GPS coming next week.

On the Garmin Connect site.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/48489334

Nice 1 - need to give this area a visit, meant to several times but other things always seem to get in the way.  Ill look to use this route though - thanks.
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:Thanks Russ, you mentioned in an earlier post about grading the rides. If so, what is this one?
If it's all his favorite bits.... black Wink

You can indeed go round all the jumps, i have been for years until recently :B
Im not grading them in technical difficulty as i feel that would be to hard for me to decide whats blue,red, black etc. Im just going to do them in distance but yes there are sections that would be classed as black.

The one i have done here is medium as it does relatively have alot of climbing in it. Some sections lesser ability riders wont be able to ride or will have to do if fairly slow, so i expect others will take maybe an hour or more longer than me, which would make this ride about 4hours ish.

Would you say a 4hour ride is a medium length ride? or should i call this one Easy and do a longer and even longer one?
"Blackers" Wrote:Cheers Russ.
I think christmas pud is my new favorite surrey trail. Sooooo much fun.  ;D

One of my favourites too, and when I rode it last week I managed to hit a tree and go over the bars in the wood section, then pinch flat and dent my rim on the final rocky descent. I blame the rear tyre for both of these incidents!

This is generally my route too. I find its a 3 hour ish loop, and always over four when I have taken groups round.