This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clipless or Flats Poll.
Lets see whats the most popular.
I have a set of cheap lidl shoes and the clips and matching pedals, but as yet haven't felt brave enough to try them. Had them for over a year :B

One day I will but for the moment very happy with my superstar nano and trainers combination.
flats
Clipless  Wink
Isn't a clipless pedal a flat pedal ?  Wink
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:Isn't a clipless pedal a flat pedal ?  Wink

why do they call clipped pedals clippless anyway  Undecided
Because it all began with getting rid of the clips on toe straps, hence clipless.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:why do they call clipped pedals clippless anyway  Undecided

Clips = straps and buckles I think. I guess the term originates from the days when nobody used flats.
Clipless for me. Have done for 20 years.
Currently running clipless but changing to flats tonight as I want to be able to use both.

Felt a bit too sketchy in Wales recently, not because I couldn't clip out in time, but because I couldn't clip in fast enough.
"Murv" Wrote:Currently running clipless but changing to flats tonight as I want to be able to use both.

Felt a bit too sketchy in Wales recently, not because I couldn't clip out in time, but because I couldn't clip in fast enough.

Its the clipping in that puts me off, ive only ever used fairly cheap pedals and shoes but i always found myself struggling to get clipped back in especially on techie sections. Thats the only reason it put me off, and i found jumping technique seemed to suffer which i noticed when i went back to flats