This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubes or Tubeless Poll!
Lets see what's the most popular.
Tubeless & Stans rim combo, would never ever consider going back to tubes now
We need another tick box to say if your using UST tyres, as I think most of the tubeless peeps having problems have converted non tubeless tyres. I am tubeless with UST tyres and would never go back.
Been Tubeless now for about 5 year ( i said tubeless not Clueless )  Wink
Tubeless for me now

especially after Wales :B
Tubeless works - its just finding the right setup to suit you.

I cant explain the reasons, but tubeless does ride better over rough terrain aswell as the added benefits of minor puncture protection.
"Treehugger" Wrote:We need another tick box to say if your using UST tyres, as I think most of the tubeless peeps having problems have converted non tubeless tyres. I am tubeless with UST tyres and would never go back.

Non ust Rubber Queens, Non ust Panaracer Muds & non ust Mountain Kings.... all worked perfectly. Haven't had a single puncture since running tubeless. Before the Stans kit I run tubeless with the Eclipse system so again been running tubeless for probably 5 years albeit did have a lapse for about a year or so in between because the eclipse system let me down a few times with blurping..it wasnt as good as the Stans by far.... The Eclispe system is now known as the DT Swiss one
Stans kit with non ust hr, early days but seem good
I have a pair of XT/719's that were run tubeless for several years with normal tyres then UST tyres and no complaints.  When I built up my Heckler these wheels were having some tlc so I put a pair of tubed Crossrides on instead which are still on now.  

I will be getting back on the tubeless bus over the weekend just cant decide whether to keep the Crossrides or go back to the XT/719's  Undecided
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Ghetto tubeless, wouldn't go back to tubes if you paid me!!!