This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaining Weight AFTER Dump?
Guys, can somebody please explain to me the reason why you gain weight after having a dump?

Surely it would be the other way around?

Several mornings i've come back after an early morning training ride on an empty stomach/fasting, weighed myself before dumping and then again after and put on a 1/4lb, ok nothing severe, but don't quite understand how its possible? Undecided
Thats a sad habit you have... you need to get out more  Big Grin Big Grin
Your scales aren't accurate
Why are you riding on an empty stomache? That's like driving a car with no fuel, if your body has no fuel to burn then it starts burning muscle tissue before burning fat, so riding on empty is completely counter productive.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Why are you riding on an empty stomache? That's like driving a car with no fuel, if your body has no fuel to burn then it starts burning muscle tissue before burning fat, so riding on empty is completely counter productive.

Hi mate, understand exactly what you're saying, however it worked for me at the beginning of last year, and it appears to be working again this time.

I seem to be able to eat exactly what i want and still loose weight by doing fasted cardio in the mornings, for example i had Chinese Fri and Sat night, and yesterday had an Indian Chicken Tikka Wrap from East London, together with a McD's milkshake, McFlurry, Mars Ice Cream bar last night, bag of M&M peanuts, and a Yorkie Bar, and have still lost weight this morning.

I may be loosing some muscle as well, however when you put your trousers on and you realise they are now too big around the waist and have to buy some new trousers, its obvious you're loosing fat at the same time.

I've lost a couple of inches around my stomach, and also the man boobs have almost dissapeared.

Check out this thread:-

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1264239381/s-0/">http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1264239381/s-0/</a><!-- m -->

Was just over 17st in January, weighed in this morning at 15st 12lbs, only started the fasted cardio up again about 2-3 weeks ago, went out this morninga t 05:30 and did 17 miles in an hour, and haven't eaten anything yet, just about to have my first sandwich when the sandwich van comes around at work in about another 10 mins...

P.S.  Also managed to cycle up Birling Hill on Saturday without stopping and also did the whole of Vigo Hill yesterday without stopping, i've NEVER been able to do either of these ever!
Surely if you stoppped eating Mac D's, Indian, Chinese, etc, and started eating roasted chicken, oven chips, jacket spuds, etc, you'd lose a lot more weight & be able to enjoy more food!
Plus, regardless of the weight issue, all that hydrogenated fat intake will ruin your organs, arteries & digestion!

Please Sonni mate, stop eating all that junk & start eating healthier - you'll get more energy, lose more weight & get Healthier not just fitter!!

Really not good for your heart Sad
More Carbs & Protein and less Fat is the way forward Smile
&quot;paul_f&quot; Wrote:Your scales aren't accurate
+1
&quot;Jay Dubster&quot; Wrote:Surely if you stoppped eating Mac D's, Indian, Chinese, etc, and started eating roasted chicken, oven chips, jacket spuds, etc, you'd lose a lot more weight & be able to enjoy more food!
Plus, regardless of the weight issue, all that hydrogenated fat intake will ruin your organs, arteries & digestion!

Please Sonni mate, stop eating all that junk & start eating healthier - you'll get more energy, lose more weight & get Healthier not just fitter!!

Really not good for your heart Sad
More Carbs & Protein and less Fat is the way forward Smile
+1

+1. Do you know how much saturated fat is in the average Chinese :o!
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:+1. Do you know how much saturated fat is in the average Chinese :o!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
LMFAO - nice one Winnieboy Big Grin
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:+1. Do you know how much saturated fat is in the average Chinese :o!

+2
Sh!t loads!
Riding that distance on an empty stomach is a little bit risky if you ask me. That said if I ride early I can go a long way on one bowl of cereal so I suspect we all wake with something in the tank. This type of crash dieting (of sorts) may be the reason you are doing this again though.
Lifestyle is what you should be looking at. Have a weekly eating and exercising routine that maintains the weight you want, and then for long rides you can fuel properly and perform to your maximum potential.