This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android users
For all you android users that use your phone for plotting rides, there are a number of apps out there and for a long time I used GPS tracker, but I've since discovered a much better and nicer and shinier one called "My Tracks".

Perhaps some of you are already using it, but I thought I'd share in case there are folk out there who don't know about it.
I've had My tracks on my phone for ages but still haven't worked out how to use it properly. Leadbasher was telling me you can import Memory Map routes and follow them on the phone, hopefully he'll be along shortly and give us an idiots guide on how to do this, as I am said idiot and forgot everything he told me :B
I use Sporttracker to record my routes at the moment which is pretty good.
Just installed sportstracker. Seems pretty awesome. There does however not appear to be any options of exporting a route, not unless you buy the full version and I refuse to buy apps for an open platform, but that's a personal thing.
Try endomondo, I use it for biking and running. Its records your tracks and lets you export to google earth, kml, kmz or gpx. Not sure if you can do the export from phone but definitely can once downloaded.
Never heard of this, but will give it a go.
Cheers for the heads up Andy Smile
[quote="]Just installed sportstracker. Seems pretty awesome. There does however not appear to be any options of exporting a route, not unless you buy the full version and I refuse to buy apps for an open platform, but that's a personal thing.[/quote"]

Yeah you can only export from the full version and only via the website.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I've had My tracks on my phone for ages but still haven't worked out how to use it properly. Leadbasher was telling me you can import Memory Map routes and follow them on the phone, hopefully he'll be along shortly and give us an idiots guide on how to do this, as I am said idiot and forgot everything he told me :B
I use Sporttracker to record my routes at the moment which is pretty good.

Sorry now gone to the dark side iphone. now use an os map app that does not need a data signal as you down load the map to the phone.
Im finding the peter griffin quotes app particulary good atm especially when wandering round the office and hitting random ones, diarrhea, plow you etc
I'm thinking of getting an iphone4 as soon as one of the contracts runs out.
Generic thread...not really played around with my Galaxy S yet but just installed some free internet radio app and it has a silly amount of stations listed and is playing via the wifi quite nicely. I like the way it uses that instead of the gprs/3g when its connected. Typically only use the phone for data transfer at work the parents or here so have all 3 wifi points setup. Speaker works very well also plus im now doing a text quite happily (yes I know the iphone can finally kinda multitask)