This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED steel hardtail
Hi, I'm After a steel hardtail with a tapered steerer. Anything about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest mate you're asking on what's pretty much a dead forum now...very few people post now, not even convinced very many people log on anymore.....sad but true
To be fair I'm not desperate, if it takes a year so be it. Am I right in thinking most that do log in are Kent based users?

Yeah. 99% of us are in Kent
Laggingbehind Wrote:To be honest mate you're asking on what's pretty much a dead forum now...very few people post now, not even convinced very many people log on anymore.....sad but true

It is sad. Not sure whats happened to the forum. Don't think people liked it when it turned blue.

There are quite a few Kent based groups on facebook which can be found quite easily. You could try posting there.
Sad that there was a outcry of people when Ade said it was closing. Sad that Paul had to invest time & effort & probably money to take it over & then those same people who cried out then didn't support him. I cant imagine its free for Paul to run with hosting etc...that's the sad bit.

Its a fact that its not the same Forum it was a few years back & I'm sad to say that if I were Paul I'd close it down Sad
Laggingbehind Wrote:Sad that there was a outcry of people when Ade said it was closing. Sad that Paul had to invest time & effort & probably money to take it over & then those same people who cried out then didn't support him. I cant imagine its free for Paul to run with hosting etc...that's the sad bit.

Its a fact that its not the same Forum it was a few years back & I'm sad to say that if I were Paul I'd close it down Sad

When I first joined it was lively. Sometimes got burnt for things I posted, but hey ho we move on.

Loads of online forums/email lists/etc have been hit by Facebook, but also people becoming more aware of how they're just being used by FB for data mining etc but they're also too socially tied into it to leave - unlike less social able/willing folk such as myself who really doesn't miss FB.

Luckily Kent Trails also post rides via email and G+. I kinda like G+ because it's not as popular as FB so easier to avoid trash content.

I've been using STW more recently, but it's not local enough. Never felt the need to use STW all the while Sketchy was lively.

Oops bit of a thread hijack.
I wonder if it is the proliferation of groups on Facebook that results in more lurking rather than posting because questions/issues are discussed without the need to post. I guess what I mean is where there were fewer forums and groups it was harder to find information whereas now you scan forums/groups and find someone has already posted.
I still visit here weekly, usually a few lunch times per week tbh.
However I've not even been out with the guys since I moved to sussex
#slacker #BellysGonnaGetYou Smile
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Can anyone point me in the direction of these Kent fb groups please? I haven't been involved in group rides for years. I'll probably be the fat lad at the back now