This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos riding, where, what, and how
It might be getting colder soon so the prospect of riding on hard ground returns but so far its been a wet mild winter.

I might get slaughtered if I admit this but I haven't ridden the fulls suss since October I think. The old inbred is now fully rigid and has slicker tires on and I have been sticking to roads just to keep the fitness up over winter. Its not pleasant though as I see people on road bike passing me putting in no effort what so ever.

So my question is as the title.
Last time out a couple of weeks ago & BBH was showing signs of being a bit more than damp ......great fun on a FAT though

resim
resim
resim
resim
Daily commutes on the hardtail with full mudguards and the Cobra Hutchinson tyres which I bought as fast rolling summer tyres, but turned out good for Winter commuting duty as they're just slim enough to fit under the full mudguards, not much grip in the mud tho. Ignoring my standard 4 mile road commute, today was the first day for 7 months that I avoided all off-road options, and did 50 miles. Feeling really tired now. Sometimes go out on the FS at weekends. I do mostly local rides in Thanet, frequent XC extensions of my commute. Sometimes get out to other areas but only if the car is free. Probably will do the KT ride from Barham this w/e.

Pic from a solo Boxing day ride:
resim
Most of my riding over the last couple of months had been road rides on the hardtail. There a couple of nice loops through the lanes around me so I can do 25 miles in a couple of hours with very little in the way of cleaning to be done when I get back. Given the state of BBH etc at the moment that's no bad thing at all Wink

I haven't been commuting for a while now but am hoping to start up again a couple of times a week as I miss that space before and after work.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
resim
Had a great ride round bedgebury today and despite the recent weather and unexpected hail storm it's holding up really well. The work that's been done there over the last couple of years had certainly improved the tail section surface and although it was wet and muddy was a good couple of laps :mrgreen:
stayhigh65 Wrote:Had a great ride round bedgebury today and despite the recent weather and unexpected hail storm it's holding up really well. The work that's been done there over the last couple of years had certainly improved the tail section surface and although it was wet and muddy was a good couple of laps :mrgreen:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed it. I had a lie in and some bacon Smile
Certainly sounds like a warmer option!