This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race a month
New years resolution was to do a race every month this year. The first was round 3 of Brass Monkeys on Sunday. At the end of the race on Sunday I felt like abandoning this particular resolution, despite having bought race entry to round one of the Saddle Skedaddle Spring Series 1. Today all the pain is but a distant memory, so carry on.

Anyone else?
i take it these are more XC races you are doing? otherwise PORC's first race is in March Smile
Yeah XC, maybe Enduro if I feel brave later in the year. I only have an XC (FS) bike & gear, and don't have skills for the big stuff.

Was probably going to include sportives in that too, maybe pilgrims hospice again, or london to brighton off road, not sure, not really planned further than February yet.
I did think I would look at the 12hr Torq but not sure it being on a Bank Holiday would work for the rest of the family
sirromj Wrote:Yeah XC, maybe Enduro if I feel brave later in the year. I only have an XC (FS) bike & gear, and don't have skills for the big stuff.

Was probably going to include sportives in that too, maybe pilgrims hospice again, or london to brighton off road, not sure, not really planned further than February yet.
Hope you're getting a full face and pads for Les Arcs?
Treehugger Wrote:Hope you're getting a full face and pads for Les Arcs?

Ah. Was kinda thinking I'd be ok without a full face (helmet). Don't really know anything about FF helmets other than the expectation my head will melt inside one.

I have knee pads, nothing further... Meatier gloves? Elbow pads?
sirromj Wrote:
Treehugger Wrote:Hope you're getting a full face and pads for Les Arcs?

Ah. Was kinda thinking I'd be ok without a full face (helmet). Don't really know anything about FF helmets other than the expectation my head will melt inside one.

I have knee pads, nothing further... Meatier gloves? Elbow pads?
You'll definitely need a full face, we all wear one, just take it off whenever we stop to cool off. Ask Jonathan Rennik why you need one! He had a monster off last year, worse than Matt Seaward's but luckily avoided breaking anything. I suggest getting elbow pads too. Remember we will be hitting the propper DH trails too, as well as the off piste stuff, of which some are steeper and more technical then the official trails. I have a spare full face you are welcome to try, you riding on Sunday?
Yeah will try and make it out for the ride. What lid is it?
sirromj Wrote:Yeah will try and make it out for the ride. What lid is it?
It's a Bell Drop.
May not make it out tomorrow, depends how far I get with the long overdue drivetrain maintenance.