This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy trip, South Wales, April 15-18th 2011
Following on from the original thread we have finalised the date and location of the Sketchy trip next April.

15-18th April (people can come for the whole time or dip in and out as they please) in South Wales.  I suggest we base ourselves around the Afan trail centres and can take trips to Brechfa and Cwmcarn as we please

For those that haven't been - you can find out a lot of information on the trails here.  Trust me - they are good!  They also cater for most levels of rider

We now need to sort out whether we are camping, b&b or hotel and need suggestions of places that can take 20-25 of us at a reasonable cost.

Go!

FRIDAY CwmCarn XC or DH  (Afan 4x in the evening)
SATURDAY Afan Trails
SUNDAY Brecfa
MONDAY???

Click here to access the SketchyMTB Afan 2011 sheet

Would everybody coming to the Wales 2011 trip please email the following to [mail]herearemydetailsforthewelshtrip@sketchymtb.co.uk[/mail]
User name:
Mobile No.:
Address:
Emergency Contact Name:
Emergency Contact Phone/Mobile:
Emergency Contact Address(if defferent from above):
Allergies:
Anything else a Doc. might need to know:

SKETCHY Spreadsheet link
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApeW0hJmQo6idEhnUTVCVFFDRGVFRVpHLWFocTJKUnc&hl=en&authkey=CKaj2fwN#gid=0">https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... 2fwN#gid=0</a><!-- m -->

I promise that these details will ONLY be used to compile an emergency contact list that will be kept by the site moderators for the Welsh trip, and subsequent group trips.  Any time you want to be removed from this list email [mail]iamparanoid@sketchymtb.co.uk[/mail] requesting removal.
I'm easy on the accommodation but wouldn't want to pay £30 a night if we can find cheaper.
Seems nice enough from the website, its bunk-bed-tastic mate  Wink  
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
If the bunk beds are anything like the YHA ones at Kielder then they are designed for people of incorrect height. If you have proper length legs they will be quite uncomfortable
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:If the bunk beds are anything like the YHA ones at Kielder then they are designed for people of incorrect height. If you have proper length legs they will be quite uncomfortable

Well said thet correctly heighted man
Pencil me down but will have to confirm holiday dates in the new year. My boss thinks everyone plans holidays at short notice so is unable to cnfirm holiday dates before new calendar starts grrrrr.

ROB Smile
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:If the bunk beds are anything like the YHA ones at Kielder then they are designed for people of incorrect height. If you have proper length legs they will be quite uncomfortable

Just phoned them they have one 7"6' long double you two can spoon
&quot;leadbasher&quot; Wrote:Just phoned them they have one 7"6' long double you two can spoon

It is the land of the love spoon after all  ;D
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Nice find Wayne - I too am quite happy to slum it a bit to keep costs down.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.brynbettws.com/">http://www.brynbettws.com/</a><!-- m -->

It is about the same if staying in cabins but the bunk house at Landa is cheaper...

This does have the 4x on the door step but its at the top of the hill...

I'm easy either way
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />