This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enduro 1 10th April Bagshot
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.enduro1.co.uk/forthcoming_race.php">http://www.enduro1.co.uk/forthcoming_race.php</a><!-- m -->

Mr Ben and myself are booked in to this already, it's about as local as an enduro race gets with some fun tracks that you can practise in the morning before the race. If your thinking of trying enduro racing it's a great place to start.
I will be round the corner at the Gorrick Spring series Rnd 3 that day for some XC racing :-)
I've looked at this, are the trails good Matt?
Lee Gee Wrote:I've looked at this, are the trails good Matt?

Yep the trails are very good. It's on M.O.D land so you can't officaly ride there. The race I did end of last year was about a short 9k course, comprising of I think 5 timed sections that you could practise prior to the race in the morning, with nice transitions to pedal I between. Trails were comparable to a ride out from holbury Surrey. Has a few technical sections and some steeper bits but not quite on the same deg of pitch.
All in all a real fun race, with the practise time making it a long day out playing on the bike.
Cheers, Looks like you did pretty well in the last race, were you on your hardtail?
Lee Gee Wrote:Cheers, Looks like you did pretty well in the last race, were you on your hardtail?

Yep I was riding the hard tail, snapped a crank arm on the full sus and was waiting for the replacements. Happy that I got 13th overall, that had me come in 3rd in the hardtail section.
Dude that won it though was crazy fast at pedalling and was riding a hardtail 27.5+, watched him leaving the start line at a pace I could only inspire to try to get out of my chicken legs.
I saw someone on Strava did the Enduro 1 Millband on Sunday - was wondering if it ws related - was the Bagshot venue a problem so they postponed by a week and moved venue to Millband?

Just curious about if anyone went and how they got on?
sirromj Wrote:I saw someone on Strava did the Enduro 1 Millband on Sunday - was wondering if it ws related - was the Bagshot venue a problem so they postponed by a week and moved venue to Millband?

Just curious about if anyone went and how they got on?

Event got cancelled I'm afraid. My understanding is as it was being held on MOD land and is aloud on the understanding that it can be cancelled if they need it for something more pressing. So one of the great things about using MOD land is you get to ride a site your not meant to go on, but sadly very rarely can mean it can get canceled as this one did.
First round of this series has been rescheduled for 30th of May on the bank holiday Monday. This ones being held at Tidworth.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.enduro1.co.uk/forthcoming_race.php">http://www.enduro1.co.uk/forthcoming_race.php</a><!-- m -->
As said before if you fancy riding enduro then these are a great way to start and fun to keep racing in, I haven't got bored with them yet.
Matt did you pay sirromj to bump this :mrgreen:

For those that don't know modest Matt won his class at the first round of the southern enduro series.
Top drill Matt, that's a great effort!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been