This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling a tad guilty
Took a mate & his new bike 'round Bedgebury this morning.

Found out the hard way that although to most of us the drops in "The Black Run" are barely up to Red standard...

To a first timer they're quite significant ... Now his face looks like he's gone a round with Mike Tyson.

Thankfully his bike's ok, the tree's ok and he's not been put off... Vowed to get a new helmet & return for round 2

Probably not one to put in my MTB Leaders log.

But definitely another case to add to the "If it hadn't been for a helmet it woulda been much worse" file... Even if it was a £15 Lidl Lid ... It did its job well.
Oops!

I guess it's safest to assume no ability at all. That's what I ask people to do when I ride with them Wink
I take it that was the first drop JB? Always was a tricky little bugger.
Hope your pal's fine aside from some bruising, and glad he's up for another go Smile

Did he manage to keep riding or was that game over for the day?
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Yeah, it was the first drop.

He was ok, carried on the ride so no permanent damage.

Lesson learned for future though.
That one drop is the reason that's a "black" run, the rest of the section is perfectly do-able & even 2nd drop is roll-able.
I've always said the first drop is way too soon after the turn & I've seen countless folk stack it big time on that bit alone :o
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Yeah that first drop after the corner used to make me a bit nervous too. It's quite a tight bend and then you've got a really short distance to get your speed up (as I remember it).