This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So What' You Packing
So whats everys PC'slike then ?

Mines a 2ghz core 2 duo, 3GB ram, 512MB graphics card(almost unheard of on a lapotp  ;D ) and if i am correct a 15.4 widescreen with some stupidly hhigh resolution, all in a laptop 8)
Mine's as follows:
  • Intel 8088 (8-bit!) (you're probably too young to have heard of this, Steve)
  • 4.7Mhz
  • 128Kb ram (I never knew what to do with all that memory over 64Kb Undecided)
  • CGA graphics with 16Kb ram
  • 10Mb hard disk
  • 5 1/4 floppy
  • 15 (4:3) CRT (IIRC)
Now that's a list to drool over Wink
OK, so I may not own this anymore, but that was my 1st.  Donated to me by some rich uncle or someone like that.
My first PC I upgraded from 8 to 16 MB of RAM so i could play Championship Manager 3 faster.  Happy days!

Nowadays i run this little beasty resim

Ok well its actually a modestly specced laptop that hasn't worked quite so well ever since it fell of a head-high shelf...
Rough specs as I forget exact configs!

Main PC, Ubuntu 8.10, Amd 64 dual core 4400+, 2Gb, ~1.5TB, 24" or something widescreen 1900x1200
Test PC, Windows XP, 2.8Ghz P4, 1Gb, 300Gb, 17" LCD
Laptop, Windows XP, 1.66Ghz Core 2 Duo, 250Gb, 15.4"
Media PC in a snazzy case, Windows XP MCE, Amd 64 dual core 4800+, 2Gb, 1TB, 32" Sony LCD (connected to TV)

Not listing the ones I look after for work as theres over 200 servers and 40 odd workstations on top Smile
"Breezer" Wrote:Rough specs as I forget exact configs!

Main PC, Ubuntu 8.10, Amd 64 dual core 4400+, 2Gb, ~1.5TB, 24" or something widescreen 1900x1200
Test PC, Windows XP, 2.8Ghz P4, 1Gb, 300Gb, 17" LCD
Laptop, Windows XP, 1.66Ghz Core 2 Duo, 250Gb, 15.4"
Media PC in a snazzy case, Windows XP MCE, Amd 64 dual core 4800+, 2Gb, 1TB, 32" Sony LCD (connected to TV)

Not listing the ones I look after for work as theres over 200 servers and 40 odd workstations on top Smile
??) is that 1.5TB all inside the PC, or is some shared across external/NAS/some other way?
Inside. Got another TB or so of old drives just sat next to it, 320gigs etc, pointless things. Im using most of the space in that main pc and the media one as well. This is my media case, looks quite nice under the tv. It has a twin pvr tuner in it but no use here as no tv signal!

resim
Self built tower PC.

Cooler Master case
Asus A8NSLI motherboard
AMD Athlon 3500+ CPU with Arctic Cooling Freezer coolers
1GB DDR ram (soon to be upgraded to 4gb)
Nvidia 6800GT 256mb Graphics card
Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound-card
80GB Western Digital Cavier + 500GB Hitachi Spinpoint HDD's
Combi drive + DVD rewriter
Logitech MX100 mouse + cordless kewboard
Acer AL1916 19" monitor
Running Windows XP MCE
Sony STRDB930 Amp and Kenwood speakers

+Acer Aspire 6920G Blueray laptop running Vista home premium

He i can remember all that from 3 years ago but i still get lost in Blean woods :Smile
Now mines fixed....

Air Cooled CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Case (in Black)
Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9450 2.7ghz "Yorkfield"
4gb Corsair RAM
EVGA NF 750i SLI MB
XFX 8800GTX 768mb
809GB HDD storage over 3 drives (One external backup drive)
Phillips DVD/RW Drive
Samsung 22" LCD Monitor
Logitech G3 Laser Gaming Mouse
Logitech Speaker System
MS Natural Ergo Keyboard (which scares everyone that see's it?)

Tweaks soon to be made:

Newer higher wattage PSU (recent one blew)
Extra cooling/sound reducing work.
Make a cup of tea.
Dose anyone know what socket 939 AMD CPU's are still available? I want a dual core one but can't find any, as this socket seems to have died since i built the PC about 3 years ago!
"Breezer" Wrote:Inside. Got another TB or so of old drives just sat next to it, 320gigs etc, pointless things. Im using most of the space in that main pc and the media one as well. This is my media case, looks quite nice under the tv. It has a twin pvr tuner in it but no use here as no tv signal!

resim
I like! I wanted something like that, but originally i built mine up as a gaming PC and couldn't find any that could take full size graphics cards. Hardly ever played any games on it either Undecided