This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPD's or Flats
As the title says SPD's or Flats

Personally i like Clips on tech downhills and of course the ups but would prefer Flats for leg out berms and drops/jumps.

Well my 5.10's have arrived just waiting for my Kona Waa Waa's to turn up so will let you know for sure.
Your going to have to give the flats a couple of good rides to see if you prefer them. On my first ride i kept on lifting off the pedals on the up stroke, it takes a bit of getting used to but i prefer flats now.
To be honest i ride more with Flats than Clips. both have there ups and downs, but with the help of the 5.10's i may have the best of both.
Hmm it'll be interesting to hear what you think Mark.  I'm a spud man through and through but can see some advantages to flats so was thinking about giving them a try as i could do with some new shoes anyway...
If i was to do a long ride like the sdw again i would contemplate on putting my spds on for it.
I'v been tempted ever since Russ switch over, but i can't bunny hop with flats so i'm sticking with spd's for now. Would love to try them with 5.10's, bit expensive though. What size feet are you Mark? Wink
im a size 10 and russ is a 8. i will gladly let you have a try.
i heard from somewhere that flats can lead to short hamstrings or soemthing like that from someone, is this true?

i was close to buying SPD's but the LBS didnt have them in my size Sad, do SPD's even go up to size 11/12?
SPD's have no size , however clipless shoes have a normal range of sizes. all attach by a cleat (of different size) depending on the make of pedal. Hope that help.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:SPD's have no size , however clipless shoes have a normal range of sizes. all attach by a cleat (of different size) depending on the make of pedal. Hope that help.

i suppose i should of made my post a bit clearer Tongue i know the pedals dont have a size was just wondering if the shoes go up that big