This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres, What you running?
I am now running High rollers front and back. we shall see how they hold up.

What do you run? and what conditions do you change them?
I run a Panaracer rampage on the front and a firexc on the rear, but have bought a rampage to go on the rear aswell.

Ive heard of some people that carry spare tyres in the bag incase the conditions drastically change  Tongue
No WAY who in there right mind would do that???????????????
Me, one time when i had a split in my sidewall!

Mark- HR's are ok in the mud on the front, but you might want a mud tire for the rear as it dosn't grip well on muddy climbs.

And who was it that insisted that Nick carry a spare the entire length of the SDW Wink
Ok Andy cheers, thats what i though but we shall see.....

My fav combo so far is High roller front and Ignitor on the rear.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Me, one time when i had a split in my sidewall!

Mark- HR's are ok in the mud on the front, but you might want a mud tire for the rear as it dosn't grip well on muddy climbs.

And who was it that insisted that Nick carry a spare the entire length of the SDW Wink

Ok i insisted but thats a 100mile trip that if someone had ripped a tyre open we would have been shafted.

I found a pic of you Andy working on your bike in the middle of Swinley
resim
"Buzz" Wrote:Ok i insisted but thats a 100mile trip that if someone had ripped a tyre open we would have been shafted.

I found a pic of you Andy working on your bike in the middle of Swinley
resim

Peeing myself lauging here  ;D  All the way round Brechfa "i wonder is Skyline sell trailrakers"...

Trance: High roller super tacky on the front, fire XC pro on the rear.  Considering changing the rear for the wetter conditions as it can step out quite a bit, but overall a pretty good combo for these conditions

XTC: Fire XC pro on the front, trailraker on the rear (thanks Andy)!  Trailraker is great for Blean in the mud but not so good on wet roots.  Front is a comprimise and i'd rather be running something with a bit more grip
HighRollers front and rear on the I-drive. Great for grip, hell for rolling resistance. Have Tioga Blue and Yellow dragon's for dry conditions but any sign of anything remotely wet or muddy and it's time to call up the wife, tell her you love her and that it's been a pleasure knowing her - YOU WILL DIE if you use Tioga dragons on even a slightly wet road.

On the Hardrock.. Fire XC pro's all the way, and I have to say... They're ace on the ice!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
High roller super tacky up front (thanks to the resident tyre expert - andy)
an a advantage on the rear, which well its great for roads but as breezer found out at blean in mud it just spins and flicks  mud everywhere ;D
10 year old Tioga Factory Mud tyres, it's amazing the sort of toot you hoard after years of riding, They are excellent though and keep my Cove upright.