This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday 27th Surrey
I will be riding Sunday from Peaslake carpark (GU5 9RR). Planning to get there for 09.30am.
What route are you planning to do and how long you planning to be out for?
Planning to ride Holmbury Hill first, all the good stuff except yogurt pots which will be horrendous, plus some additional trails. Then on to Pitch Hill and possibly a little bit of winterfold.
Im planning 3-4 hours all in, so distance depends on fitness of whoever else who comes along, plus no doubt there will be some sessioning of various bits.
As im starting in Peaslake its easy for anyone to cut the ride short as we will pass back through the carpark after around an hour and a half or so.
Ok cool, I know holmbury and pitch reasonably well... Still undecided if we'll be keeping it local or going to Surrey, if we do make it over what am I looking out for to know I'm talking to you? What bike are you on? And do you have a secret handshake or something?? Smile
"pw2904" Wrote:Ok cool, I know holmbury and pitch reasonably well... Still undecided if we'll be keeping it local or going to Surrey, if we do make it over what am I looking out for to know I'm talking to you? What bike are you on? And do you have a secret handshake or something?? Smile

Just post up or PM me if you are coming that way we wont leave if you behind if you arrive late, at the moment there is just 2 of us. I have a white van and tomorrow will be riding a white Orange.
Ok cool, I'm just trying to gather the troops but there will most probably be 3 of us, we're all out of shape so don't expect many great things from us! See you tomorrow 9.30 at Pealake hopefully, I will confirm tonight when I've seen the others
Dont worry about pace or fitness etc, thats the side of mountainbiking I dont give any thought to whatsoever.
although we had fairly good weather while riding today the trails are very wet and sloppy, bit of a disappointing ride today and i was lucky to come away without a broken ankle on raggae raggae after stopping to put my foot down and getting it trapped between a pile of felled logs ,I then lost my balance and fell over the top of the pile ending up laying on my back downhill with my foot still stuck and my ankle badly twisted  :'(
Hiya, well there will be three of us hopefully, we'll be there at 9.30. Hill sounds like a big sloppy mess, so it should be interesting!
Sailor how long does it take from Canters?

Edit - Scratch the last, AA Route planner shows 1hr 49mins.  THink i may head over next weekend if the weathers kind.