This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XTR Trail pedals PD-M985
Thought i would give these babys ago as ive always thought the DX pedals are a bit to heavy and overbuilt for Trail riding.

The cage is considerably smaller however i have never used the DXs platform as a means of being unclipped on sections, the platform does make clipping in considerably quicker and easier which i what i am hoping will be the same on the XTRs. In my opinion if you bought a platform spd to ride sections unclipped then you either need to stop being a pussy or stick to flats. Wink

resim
resim
resim

Thats about 1/2 lb heavier.
resim

resim

The XTRs are 3mm lower to the axle than the DXs, which is a very good thing, a similar difference when going from a large profile flat to a thin low profile.
resim

Ill let you know how i get on with them.

For DH days ill proberly put the DXs back on.
Nice carpet  Wink
So to confirm, you are a pussy on DH days using your own words? Difference in profile massive and very noticable if you have a low BB like I found going to thinner flats. I presume the cage on the XTR helps you rotate the pedals as you go to clip in as I cant see it being any use for actually balancing the foot on when not clipped in?
"Breezer" Wrote:So to confirm, you are a pussy on DH days using your own words? Difference in profile massive and very noticable if you have a low BB like I found going to thinner flats. I presume the cage on the XTR helps you rotate the pedals as you go to clip in as I cant see it being any use for actually balancing the foot on when not clipped in?

LOL no i dont think the XTRs will take to much hard impacts, the DXs are definately tougher, which is why id put them back on when the bikes gets more abuse. Itll offer a bit of support when not clipped in but i dont see the point of not being clipped in on a clipless pedal and its something ive never done or used on the DX, the DX is very slippery when not clipped in anyway.
"mashley" Wrote:Nice carpet  Wink

Thanks Ash but its a rug  ;D near the window so i could take pics with my phone.
Nice one Buzz, great looking spd platforms and pretty damn light too!
I do like a bit of Bling Bling.....

How musch was there compared to RRP?
They look gorgeous, how much did you pay for them? And I agree, after using my egg beaters at PORC a few times now they are actually easier to use than the Mallets as they are easier to clip into without the platform in the way. I will get some shimano's again next time I think as CB reliability is getting on my tits now, the egg beater's bearings are beginning to wear out now.
I like the look of them -  make sure you threadlock them in else they may drop off & end up on my bike.
Ill give an honest opinion of how easy they are to clip in.

They were £85 from ze germans, £96 on CRC and over a £100 on all the other uk sites but no one in the uk has them in stock.