This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carbohydrate Loading
Check this site out for carbo loading before an endurance ride.  Its not for everyone but having tried it I've seen the energy benefits it can give.  Just remember to drink lots and lots and lots of water while you're loading  Wink

The 'sample menu' is a great one to follow

Oh and finally, eating that much food is awesome fun Big Grin
Holy cow that's a lot of food :o I don't think i could physically eat that much in a day. Don't like the sound of the side effects either, especially the weight gain and stomach cramps! I think as i am still trying to loose some more weight i would be better off trying some other means of consuming more carbs, i think SIS do a pre ride high carbohydrate drink, plus SIS Energy contains a lot of carbs. Also i already eat a lot of carbs anyway, as i usually have a large bowel of Shreddies with chopped banana and dates for breakfast and a pasta salad or chicken sandwich for lunch, and i practically live on Salmon mash and veg lately. I might try it out later in the year when i have hopefully shifted this last stone in weight and won't freak at the thought of putting on another couple of pounds!
The weight you put on is temporary - i think its just water retention.  I didn't notice i put any on although i didn't weigh myself.  Its only of short term benefit before an extended period of exercise but i'll do it again next time we do a killer ride over several days