This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
160mm coil forks?
Am looking at 160mm coil forks, who is running any, which ones and what do you make of them, good and bad?

I guess the top of my list is Van RC2's, also Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti. Think Rockshox only do adjustable ones? in which case i wouldnt be interested.

Anyone got any thoughts?
[quote author=]Am looking at 160mm coil forks, who is running any, which ones and what do you make of them, good and bad?

I guess the top of my list is Van RC2's, also Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti. Think Rockshox only do adjustable ones? in which case i wouldnt be interested.

Anyone got any thoughts?[/quote]I thought you wanted some Boss's? Mine are coil and i really like them, but i haven't rode the air's any distance so can't really compare, but according to reviews the 2010on airs are pretty close in performance and plushness to coils, but coils are supposed to feel slightly better, no stiction as less seals. Which ones are you replacing, Talas?
I'm pretty sure you can buy coil lyriks that aren't u turn, i should be ordering my 55s on Sunday, getting the purple ti ones from wiggle
"Si.Ozzy" Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can buy coil lyriks that aren't u turn, i should be ordering my 55s on Sunday, getting the purple ti ones from wiggle

Would be good to meet up and ride somewhere so I can take a look.
"Would be good to meet up and ride somewhere so I can take a look."

That would be right up his street Tongue
Fixed travel Lyriks, change internally to 160, same fork for 2011 so no harm having 2010, nice and cheap if you let merlin email you so become a "VIP" member, £450, bargain!

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/...0_2443.htm

Isnt the 55 the one dirt said you couldnt put anything other than soft and std medium spring in as there wasnt enough room, memory is hazy, £85 odd more than Lyriks above as well and heavier...
rebuilt old bike with few a bits of kit, just shortened brake couple this pm - that has 160 U turn lyriks as broke 2 sets of 2 steps

they now do a 160 or 170mm RC Coil - I like them Marzocchis way too heavy so even there Ti ones aren't that light

used a couple of weeks in Alps but notr that much in last 15 months - would probaly have gone Fox if starting off buying coils as lighter I believe
is it easy to put spacer in breezer ?, that's very cheap, tell me more about VIP thing ?
Just make an account with merlin and sign up to the newsletter to get 10% off.

Im not sure if you add a spacer for coil forks? Ill have a look at the manual for them now.
Yer sorry was thinking of air Lyriks but its easy with them, take lowers off, slide a spacer on etc, takes them from 170 to 160 (and can prob do 150 as well), coil ones might be in service guides on sram site

edit no.... post 2 http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=602216