This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMX tracks in kent
as I've bought my son a Scott alloy one for a present and as I'm not too great on whoop sections I've got an excuse to look for/ridfe these on my short hardtail

Chcicksands 4x excellent

Is there one at Herne and any other - something at Mote Park too

any opinions others
Not Kent but big one down in Bexhill, bit of a trek though. Take a look at Romford skatepark, I keep meaning to go there, not a bmx track but enough bowl bits with smooth tops that you can ride into easily and pump out of without having to worry about "dropping" in (and literally!)

Bexhill bmx, nothing I can jump other than first table but you can pump the whole track which is crippling but good workout....  watching the bmx'ers go round it is mad how they jump, not had any grief either which you can get if you turn up at a place which isnt for your type of bike (didnt at the indoor skate park either up NE Kent, forget name now), you know if you turned up at a velodrome with a DH bike on knobblies and flats..

resim
resim
resim

Romford, ignore the jumps etc, look in google earth as well to see all the pumpy bits, pay to ride but cheap, morning or afternoon, suggest go NOT at weekend which causes issues with Son though..

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0uSbEoxlE[/media]
The ones at Hern just outside Hern Bay are pretty good. You can only really pump them on a full suss as there is only really one double that even Mark could clear,  but excellent to learn to pump properly. Don't know of any others round here.
Herne Bay and Hersden.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://eastkentbmx.co.uk/">http://eastkentbmx.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:The ones at Hern just outside Hern Bay are pretty good. You can only really pump them on a full suss as there is only really one double that even Mark could clear,  but excellent to learn to pump properly. Don't know of any others round here.

Pump on a hardtail is infinitely better,YouTube hern bay bmx, very good track
Keep it foolish...
Pumping on a FS is just so awful theres are no words or emoticons to describe it!
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Pumping on a FS is just so awful theres are no words or emoticons to describe it!

Agreed. I really enjoyed the 4X at Chicksands on Sunday and now wish I hadn't sold the Inbred as that clearly would have been quicker. Am tempted by the Nuke proof 4X frame, or the Commie.
I was implying pump tracks, 4x is fine on a full susser although would be better with 4" max at the rear and quite stiffly sprung/pumped up hard
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:I was implying pump tracks, 4x is fine on a full susser although would be better with 4" max at the rear and quite stiffly sprung/pumped up hard

Yeah I know mate. The guys on HT were flying at Chickie so I think that HT's are still quicker on 4X too.
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Not Kent but big one down in Bexhill, bit of a trek though. Take a look at Romford skatepark, I keep meaning to go there, not a bmx track but enough bowl bits with smooth tops that you can ride into easily and pump out of without having to worry about "dropping" in (and literally!)

Bexhill bmx, nothing I can jump other than first table but you can pump the whole track which is crippling but good workout....  watching the bmx'ers go round it is mad how they jump, not had any grief either which you can get if you turn up at a place which isnt for your type of bike (didnt at the indoor skate park either up NE Kent, forget name now), you know if you turned up at a velodrome with a DH bike on knobblies and flats..

resim
resim
resim

Romford, ignore the jumps etc, look in google earth as well to see all the pumpy bits, pay to ride but cheap, morning or afternoon, suggest go NOT at weekend which causes issues with Son though..

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0uSbEoxlE[/media]

are main photos  Bexhill or Romford Breezer?