This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingswood, Ashford, 0930, Sunday 13th
XC ride tomorrow, meet top car park. Depending on pace aiming to be out for a few hours and try to find a new descent I've been told about. Probably head down to chilham and possibly Perry but depends on how long it takes. All welcome
Sounds great Si but currently away doing wife duty! Next time defo
iv just been up there and done 15 miles. Found a new climb up which extends your off road route without having to go up the road to the car park.
"mashley" Wrote:iv just been up there and done 15 miles. Found a new climb up which extends your off road route without having to go up the road to the car park.

straight over road, through farm and up track with gate half way up, its called two stager and great fun to ride down. amazed you actually remembered how to ride your bike Wink
Thats the one, i've ridden it before and when I got to the road I thought 'I'm not riding up there' and took that route instead, much better I reckon. Got lost at the top though went left which then takes you down to the A20.
"mashley" Wrote:Thats the one, i've ridden it before and when I got to the road I thought 'I'm not riding up there' and took that route instead, much better I reckon. Got lost at the top though went left which then takes you down to the A20.

Should have gone straight on as that's the North Downs Way, ride out to Chilham, down the chalky hill and back up Dane street. Good to hear your out on the bike Ash Wink Give us some notice and we can join you.

Ozzy YGM
Can't do tomorrow morning mate, shame, sounds like it should be a goodun.

Hope it doesn't rain too much tonight for you, trails were drying out nicely when we rode Blean Wed eve.

Bring on the spring!
I cant make tomorrow but does anyone have details of a good route - ie best way to cycle there from ashford with most off road.

Reason is ive been to the wood a few times but normally drive to the car park at the top & just buzz round there a bit.

Sounds like there is a lot more i dont know about.

thanks
Hi Derek, I do know the off road route, well off road from Boughton Apluph cricket green. I'll try plot it for you a post up, explaining it will be tough.
Ill be there ! Whether or not me and ozzy will arrive in a upside down car thats on fire is another question though  :o :K)