This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Pack
Been going through mine to see what I dont need. Im down to a pump, multi tool, inner tube and some cable ties. I have always carried a shock pump but I dont ever recall actually needing it apart from sessions where I was going solely to setup suspension. Anyone else carry one?
What else do you need?

I'd add a 1st aid kit, some latex gloves for repairs and then food for long ride, maybe a spare top and then phone, car keys done! My aim for Wales and future rides, is to ride as light as possible.

This weekend in King Wood I didnt wear knee pads.
Similar with some power links
Today something like, 2 tubes, shock pump, tyre pump, 1st aid kit, emergency waterproof which was free with mbuk years ago I think, multitool, couple of allen keys (cant use multi on post head), tyre levers, chain device, powerlinks, HT2 crank tensioner tool, cable ties, elastic bands, ibruprofen, ~£15 emergency money, generic multi tool with cutters saw pliers etc (handy yesterday when bent a chainring tooth), co2 pump and 2 catridges, few cereal bars, phone, wallet, larger thermos with beans and sasuages in etc heh. Of course it was on the ground the whole day as sessioning but I always carry all of the above except the thermos...
bloody hell, you are practically a mobile bike shop.
First aid kit? Never much seen the point. Not like space is abundant and cuts and bruises are pretty much a given.

Myself, phone, wallet, keys, tube, pump, multi tool and tyre levers.
[quote author=]First aid kit? Never much seen the point. Not like space is abundant and cuts and bruises are pretty much a given.

Myself, phone, wallet, keys, tube, pump, multi tool and tyre levers.[/quote]

Agreed although i do carry some of those sticky stitches and a bottle of superglue, Not pretty or nice but anything more then that and you probably wont be riding away from it   :'(
[quote="]bloody hell, you are practically a mobile bike shop.[/quote"]

I ride by myself a lot locally and for example last year when I did my 2 week road trip. Dont want to be in the middle of a 6hr ride in the Lakes by yourself without a few extra things.
Multi tool
1 Tube and a few patchs
Tyre patch
pump
tyre levers
Spare hanger
Spare gear cable (im always snapping the rear for some reason)
chain link
multi tool
park tool allen keys
park tools hex keys
powerlinks
mech hanger x 2
tubeless valve and adjuster
tyre levers
c02 pump and canister
ccdb tool
emergency whistle
tyre boot