This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Semi Slicks
Morning All

I'm gathering parts for Mrs Stayhighs new bike and need to get some tyres.  Most of the riding she does is footpath, towpath, road based so I was thinking of getting some semi slicks for her rather then full blown nobblies.  With this in mind, whats hot and whats not?

Cheers All Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I've always rated Specialized Fast Trak LK's mate.
You can pump em up to 65psi, they're quite light, and at 2" won't pop if Mrs High hits a pot hole.
They're also kinda reasonable off road in summer conditions too.

Sure you'll get other 'cooler' suggestions, but thought I'd get in first Smile
I'm not that fussed about the cool factor TBH, whats more important to me is that they work well and offer a reasonable degree of puncture proofness(?).

They sound just the ticket so I shall check them out Smile

Could this be the first tyre thread that doesnt run for 600 pages lol  Tongue
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Try to get the armadillo ones for extra puncher resistance.
I use a Continental City Ryde on the rear of my hardtail. Fast, not stupidly heavy and of the 8ish months I've used it have had 3 punctures, but one of them was the valve giving way. And that's over brambles, off road on some fairly flinty stuff + the occasional pothole.
Very good in the dry, not far different in the wet... I'm so impressed by it considering getting one for the front, but with my cornering technique it'd probably end badly, that said I have every confidence it could more than hold it's own, just down to me being a noob.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o