This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorrick round 4
Done the open in round 4 today - good course better than round 3, hard though, mind you they all feel hard after 10 mins.   Smile

Race just before one I was in had a 2 incidents both required an ambulance, drop on a fast downhill wiped a couple of fellas out.

I came 2nd, was leading after the 1st lap but then wrongly took a diversion that was in place while the other race was getting the 2 injured riders scooped up - the diversion wasn't in place anymore but i went down a hill & had to U turn & come back up - lost a few places.

Finished 2 seconds behind the winner, bit annoyed I didn't get past him but shouldn't be as 2nd is still great for me.  podium'tastic.
Bloody good work mate! Time for a move into Sport!!  Wink
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Bloody good work mate! Time for a move into Sport!!  Wink

+1

When and where is the next one? I would Google it if I was on a pc. I might try and get out to one of these, but then I only need to ride with you to know how much I need to improve lol.
Sport - no way -  ive reached my limit!

As for having a go Mr reload, you dont need to improve at all - just have a shot - the "fun" race is 2 laps - you could start with that.

only 1 left - (of the gorricks that is) 10th april.  Think there are a few from here going to come along.
FFS at diversion issue although hope the other riders were ok.....brilliant result!

I will be at round 5 to cough my guts up in "Fun" again. Goal was top 10 but not so sure about that now......
Defo come down Jimmy, you will be fine. Have a crack at fun and see how you do. Myself and Mike will be there as well as Derek and possible Breezer??

EDIT: Beat me to it, defo Breezer!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
On another note - loads of us seem to have been out tis weekend - porc, wales etc - How good is it to have a touch of spring in the air - today was dry, not cold but not hot.  Perfect day really for riding & a welcome change from the muddy months gone by.

Happy days.
I had to walk round Bewl with the family yesterday which really hacked me off as it was perfect riding weather! Clocks go forward in a week so light till half 7 woo
"dgw15" Wrote:Sport - no way -  ive reached my limit!

As for having a go Mr reload, you dont need to improve at all - just have a shot - the "fun" race is 2 laps - you could start with that.

only 1 left - (of the gorricks that is) 10th april.  Think there are a few from here going to come along.

I'm quite competitive when its a race and really don't like being made to look ridiculous. Not coming last isn't really good enough. I want top 10% and at the moment you don't even breathe heavily when I'm about to fall over so I'd say I have a lot of improving to do.

With Wales and various other commitments approaching I'll likely only get out to one in May or even June, so another series for me. Gives me time to work on fitness too Wink
Come and do Fun class, Derek is 400 times quicker than me but I was 20th out of 80 or something in the last round