This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grips
Anyone recommend me some new grips?  Mine are a bit tired so will be replaced shortly.  Was looking at the Superstar ones (Excel / Supergrippa - any real difference?) but open to suggestions.  Are the ODIs worth twice the price of Superstar?
Rogues for me. Very comfy and tough. Also quite thick so more comfy if you have large hands. Pretty tough too as they dont appear to be worn at all after about 9 months.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Get some Richey foam grips.
Comfortable, cheap, light, shock absorbtion(?), same shape as your hand even when you move it ;D

Richey's are good, but you can buy Clarkes version at Halfords if you don't want to wait Wink
SupaGrippa are ok but I wouldn't rave about em. They're on the skinny/hard side of 'comfortable' to be honest.

Odi Rogues were mentioned yesterday as a good comfy grip, aiding cramp & 'finger pump' (it's not my bag baby!) Tongue
If you want to go down the weight weenie route then look no further
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I'm still loving ky Straitline's. Very comfy and last for ages.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'm still loving ky Straitline's. Very comfy and last for ages.

Ky? aren't they slippery?  Wink
Keep it foolish...
"treaclesponge" Wrote:If you want to go down the weight weenie route then look no further

Tough call Cheaper & Lighter :o

(Although that is without plugs Big Grin)
ODI Yeti grips are great, bought some after seeing Marks (i expected to be as fast as mark after I fitted them but I must have fitted them wrong as this didn't work Wink)
"treaclesponge" Wrote:If you want to go down the weight weenie route then look no further

Surely the weight weenie option is no grips and nice gloves?  Undecided