This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brechfa south Wales
Just back from a couple of days at Brechfa and Cwm Rhaeadr in south/westish Wales...the purpose of this thread is merely to tell anyone who's never been 'to go' and stay where we stayed...

Brechfa black and red trails are very good, can be linked together to make for about 25miles of riding and pretty hard going, all sections can be done by anyone although the faster you go the harder it gets with some great freeride sections at the end of the black.  It's all man made stuff but well worth a visit.  Been here 3 times and (once on a day trip) but the other times we stayed at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tyrcae.co.uk/">http://www.tyrcae.co.uk/</a><!-- m --> one of the nicest B&B's i've stayed in and the owners are great.  First time we went to Brechfa we twinned it up with Afan.

This B&B is about 5 minutes ride from the start of the Black, green and Blue runs which is most convenient.

Cwm Raeadr is about 35minutes drive from Brechfa and is only a red graded 6.7km trail but what fun, we done it a few times

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Bases/Brechfa/Brechfa.aspx">http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/B ... echfa.aspx</a><!-- m -->

that's it. Thanks!
Nice one. I'm looking forward to Brechfa this year. Really hope its dry and I don't break myself early on like last time a couple of years ago, cant say I really enjoyed the rest of the trail after that as was in agony (bruised my Pelvis :'()  
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Nice one. I'm looking forward to Brechfa this year. Really hope its dry and I don't break myself early on like last time a couple of years ago, cant say I really enjoyed the rest of the trail after that as was in agony (bruised my Pelvis :'()  

With a handle like treehugger you're not doing yourself any favours. It's now embedded so deep into your subconscious that you can't control it any more and must have an off on every trip.
[quote author=]

With a handle like treehugger you're not doing yourself any favours. It's now embedded so deep into your subconscious that you can't control it any more and must have an off on every trip.[/quote]

if your not crashing your not trying hard enough Tongue
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:if your not crashing your not trying hard enough Tongue

I crash enough to know I'm trying hard enough. You crash because you're better at it than riding Tongue  Big Grin

Back on topic, will our Wales trip be going to Brechfa? Lindros has made it sound good and I want to ride there now.
[quote author=]

I crash enough to know I'm trying hard enough. You crash because you're better at it than riding Tongue  Big Grin

Back on topic, will our Wales trip be going to Brechfa? Lindros has made it sound good and I want to ride there now.[/quote]

Hey back off a bit mate, we haven't even rode together yet so how the hell do you know what my riding is like. I don't mind mates taking the p!ss but let's at least meet first before slagging me off.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:I don't mind mates taking the p!ss .

ah memories of Wales last year when for no apparent reason at all you just randomly speared off the trail half crashing about four times when I was following and often on straight bits and all non technical, I really couldnt work it out!  Big Grin

Then there was the last big group Surrey ride I did ages ago when you were infact hugging a tree on Barrys at one point  Big Grin
Let us settle this like men at the 4x track at afan.  Smile

Only been to Brechfa once and cant wait to go back!
The gauntlet has been thrown Wink I cant wait for the 4X, its going to be immense!
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Hey back off a bit mate, we haven't even rode together yet so how the hell do you know what my riding is like. I don't mind mates taking the p!ss but let's at least meet first before slagging me off.

hehehe, fair dos.

From Buzz's comment I presume we will be visiting Brechfa.