This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorrick 100km Enduro 1st May
Might interest some people, Gorrick 100km Enduro, thats 7 laps of the ~10 mile circuit but there are classes for 1,2,3,4 and 5 laps as well and prices barely anymore than their XC races. Two lapper has me intruiged, think I would pass out if I tried the 3 but maybe if I had a 10lb lighter bike by then I might consider it...

1st May

http://gorrick.com/racing/enduro/index.php
http://gorrick.com/racing/enduro/info.php
Tempted by the 7 lapper.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
7 laps zzz although you do have cheating bike. I would like to try the 3 lapper maybe even if I only have the current bike, just take it slow on the up's and enjoy the downs
"Breezer" Wrote:Looks fine to me

7 laps zzz although you do have cheating bike. I would like to try the 3 lapper maybe even if I only have the current bike, just take it slow on the up's and enjoy the downs

What looks fine?  Wink

From experience Gorrick tend not to have courses with downs. They seem able to include only climbs
You want to try the Southern XC course at Pippingford then, the grass climb at the end of that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever been up, more so than the fireroad climb on The Wall at Afan (thats prob longer and not in a race granted). Derek said last Gorrick course was good, round 3 was to flat, some are quite up and down, I hate the up's but means can thrash the downs....

This one is much longer than normal courses so should have more of a mixture
"Breezer" Wrote:You want to try the Southern XC course at Pippingford then, the grass climb at the end of that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever been up, more so than the fireroad climb on The Wall at Afan (thats prob longer and not in a race granted). Derek said last Gorrick course was good, round 3 was to flat, some are quite up and down, I hate the up's but means can thrash the downs....

This one is much longer than normal courses so should have more of a mixture

In Afan I endured the downs just so I could ride up Whites and the Wall....
Riding whites was highlight of the weekend. If only they had a downlift service to get you back to the bottom.

Was looking at this this morning. Looking at 4-5 lap category.
done the 5 lapper - good and excellent singletrack bits that go on for ages and some|ice droppy bits

most of guys I went with ended up just doing 4

7 laps starts studidly early

assume 3 laps start even later

Your best all entering for 5 and riding at same time and stopping early if you want

joining later when evryone else has done 2 or 3 laps is a bit cheaty :-)
Probably do this, 3 or 4 laps.

Yeh last gorrick was better - few fast downs, 1 had a drop whichh wiped out a few in the fun race & also the experts had a pile up there.  
Seeing as 9-10 miles in total at last XC race took me 55 mins, 30 miles/3 laps is going to be realistically 4hrs for me, thats enough!