This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brake disc adapter
Okay building up a bike for the miss's to use and i dont understand this whole brake disc adapter iso measurements and things. In simple terms i got rock shox dart 1's and a promax (off the cheapest bike in halfords) mechanical brake disc mechanism. Had a quick look and there are hundreds and hundreds of different adapters ( well it looks that way to me). I was wondering if someone could translate my simple measurements into an actual useable termanology. I measured the mounting hole from center to center and on the rock shox its 3" and on the brake its 2" from centre to centre. Can supply pictures if need be. Any help would be greatly appreitated Smile
whats the diametre of the disc ?
The two things you need to concider are

1) Is it post mount or IS mount..... post mount applicable only to the fork~ the holes look backwards. IS mount, the holes look sideways. The rear will be IS
2) Disk size.

Let us know what you have & we're offer more advice on the next step...
rOCK sHOX dART 1'S

•     Travel: 100mm
•     Weight: 2495g (5.5 lbs)
•     Available Springs: Coil
•     Adjustments: Preload
•     Steerer Options: STKM Steel 1 1/8"
•     Crown: Forged 6061 T-6 Aluminium
•     Upper Tubes: 28mm, 4130 Steel, Chrome
•     Lowers: Magnesium, Post Disc Mount
•     Recommended Rear Shock: Bar
•     Maximum Rotor Size: 160mm
•     Other: *Weight based on 265mm 1 1/8" steel steerer, 9mm QR
Well ive uploaded some photos of the stuff i got. The discs are 160mm and the actual brake disc mechanism came with them. its just this mounting stuff and the adapter i need to get i cant quite get my head around Sad

resim
resim
Front will need a post to IS 160mm adapter.
I think I may have one in my garage , i'll have a look for you when I get home
or if you can't wait and want it sorted asap you need one that looks like item no1 in this pic

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=359
this is what you need:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hopegb.com/index.php3?voir=ADAPTMANAV&image=">http://www.hopegb.com/index.php3?voir=ADAPTMANAV&image=</a><!-- m -->

but, as with all adaptors you'll have to go up a rotor size: your 160mm will have to go in favor for a 180mm
No its not and no you dont.