This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Help....
Anyone shed some "light" on this for me...

In a drunken bored state over xmas I bought a MTE P7-C 900 Lumen torch off deal extreme.

It takes 1x 18650 battery.

I bought a pack of 2 batteries (but no charger)

I was lead to beleive these batteries come with a bit of charge in them.

Now either the batteries are dead or the torch is as its not coming on.

So,

Q1 : Anyone have any of these 18650 batteries lying about?

Q2 : If so, could I borrow one or send you my torch to test?

Im not gonna buy a charge fron HK if the torch is dead.

This torch is "supposed" to be a Fenix beater, so keen to try it out!!
Just answered my own question!..

Just picked up the torch with the battery in and its red hot!

DOA for the torch then.... now the fun getting a replacement from HK!  :'(
Forget a replacement.. faulty connections or bad batteries cause fires... lots of fires..   get your money back and buy something else or you could end up putting it in a box till the next time you use it and hey presto ....  man hath made fire!!  

Bloody hurts when you trouser go up in flames when you are leat expecting it too...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Forget a replacement.. faulty connections or bad batteries cause fires... lots of fires..   get your money back and buy something else or you could end up putting it in a box till the next time you use it and hey presto ....  man hath made fire!!  

Bloody hurts when you trouser go up in flames when you are leat expecting it too...

Sounds like you're talking from experience?

Ive contacted them for a replacement, probably just a bad batch of torches.
Set fire to a load of stuff in the back of the van... was camping with my son, 2 hours later and the torch would have been in the sleeping chamber of the tent as it was my lads go for a pee in the middle of the night light and i do not even want to think about that....   i bought that from HK...   when i looked into it we were not alone..  

Much safer with candles... maybe

By the way what enduro are you doing in the summer.
Jeez.... thanks for the advice..... I guess its true that theres no such thing as a bargain!.

We're doing the Bontrager 24/12 in July, but hope to be fit enough to save embarassment for the BikeRadar 12hr Dusk Til Dawn in May as a taster.

All first timers...... doing it for focusing on fitness.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twentyfour12.com">www.twentyfour12.com</a><!-- w -->
That looks good... but sadly thats the Saturday i leave to go for my weeks biking in Alp d Huez....  

I did Dust til Dawn at Thetford and it was fantastic, did it with a tam of 3 and it rained all night but was still great fun... would like to do a 12 in a team of 2 this year..

Hop to catch you out on the bike soon...  i'll be posting whenever i'm go to ride BBH
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:would like to do a 12 in a team of 2 this year..

BikeRadar in May then for that!.....

Although STILL no info on it..

All I know its 12hr 8pm-8am.