This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contour hd 1080p questions
Hi everyone,

purchased a contour hd 1080p and tried it for the first time today. Very good quality footage but a little shaky! As are others now i've read!

Are there any solutions to this and what settings are best for mtb duties? It seems to be the vented helmet mount causing the issue.

Just uploading a vid so will post it here once done.

Thanks

Hugh

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5CnSzQ0gieY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5CnSzQ0gieY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Zip tie the mount to your lid as the Velcro just doesn't do up tight enough. You can also wedge some old inner tube under the tilting part of the mount to help too
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Free play on the slide mount locking bit, thats where most of the rattling is, only thing you can try is a load of tank tape around the camera and its actual mount, not neat but the only way to get something vaguely watchable
The actual mount is ok as i think they have changed the design, no velcro used on the new one.

The issue i think is between the camera and the rails on the mount. Guess i'll have to cut some fine strips of innertube and see if that packs them out a bit!