This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey Hills (or Perry?) 7am Saturday 2nd April
I'm very keen to get to Surrey for a ride for a ride despite this weekend despite wanting to get home before lunch to spend the day with the family.

I plan to park in Peaslake so i can shoot off by 10am to get home but anyone can carry on riding from there on. Due to time restrictions i would like to be ready to ride by 7.

Any takers? Good chance to get in a great ride an not require a pass from the swmbo  Tongue
Im up for this! swmbo has also given the nod!
Im in Lordswood if you want to try arrange going up in one car?

Never done the Surrey Hills so very keen to be shown!
I can now stick a bike on the roof of the car, therefore can now fit 3 bikes (if PappaSmurf is up for it too and would like a lift).

If the weather is looking pants, I may opt for Perry instead (though Surrey would be teh preferred location).
Just let me know by Friday if up for Surrey or not.
Weather is looking poop for the next couple of days but should clear by weekend.
I went there on Sunday and rode the new trails on Holmbury, right over to Winterfold and back over Pitch and everything was lovely! I think even if the weather is pants for the next few days the trails won't really suffer too much. I might very well tag along for the ride if that's ok? I'll see what my usual crowd are up to first but if you're happy to have a newbie tag along then that would be grand!
I see no reason why not Timmy!

Though I have a funny feeling I've something else on.... But could be confused with mums day. Will let ye know, and yeah need a lift m'boy!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"pw2904" Wrote:I went there on Sunday and rode the new trails on Holmbury, right over to Winterfold and back over Pitch and everything was lovely! I think even if the weather is pants for the next few days the trails won't really suffer too much. I might very well tag along for the ride if that's ok? I'll see what my usual crowd are up to first but if you're happy to have a newbie tag along then that would be grand!

The more the better!! (subject to mancold  :'( i'm winning at the moment  Tongue )
So far we have:
Gomez
PappaSmurf
BottleIt

Pw2904 is a maybe

Gomez, i put the bike on the roof last night. I'm not completely convinced it will go with the other rack. I think we can squeeze it with a bit of faffing but not at 5.30! Is your car bigger to fit 3 bikes?
"BottleIt" Wrote:So far we have:
Gomez
PappaSmurf
BottleIt

Pw2904 is a maybe

Gomez, i put the bike on the roof last night. I'm not completely convinced it will go with the other rack. I think we can squeeze it with a bit of faffing but not at 5.30! Is your car bigger to fit 3 bikes?

Hi,
Have Astra estate but only a 2 bike racks.
Could get a bike in the boot with all wheels off?
Or happy to go in convoy behind you?
You let me know the plan and i will be there!
I love a 05:30 saturday morning start!!!!
Tempted by this but thinking Im having a bit of a Surrey overload lately.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon