This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant (Breezers Stress Ball)
Rant=ON

So today I spent most of it at work doing IT support for fools at this new company my lot have bought. They got rid of the contract support person they were paying 1.5k a month and now expect me to do it with no pay rise and fit it in around all the other stuff I do. I didnt do 1 bit of my normal work today!

Came home at lunch to find £182 gas bill, £82 electric bill, cleaned the Inbred and it rained so I got wet as well

Just went to fit its new brakes I got off ebay, the seller hasnt sent the mounts or half the bolts, "pleasant" email sent

Winter has caught up on it as well. I was planning to send the Pikes off at the start of Feb for service/push anyway and I knew the gears were on their way out. Closer inspection reveals a tooth missing off the middle chain ring, chain mega slack, cassette not to bad but worn to the rest so need to replace that as well. I also need to rebuild the freewheel as its been doing the odd slip and if I spin the wheel forwards the pedals turn round as theres so much friction it and it makes a hell of an awful noise turning it backwards. Right hand shifter was feeling a bit funny as well, its lost the bolt out of the bottom. Anyone got a broken Sram shifter from the last couple of years, I only need the bolt, should be the same on all except X.0 and 09 X.9's

Had to clean the bathroom as well, its only me here!

On the plus side the Turner is in the lounge watching tv and all is well. Its been given a let off as I was about to buy a different and slightly smaller frame to try and then probably sell the Turner one but I cant now due to the above expense

AND theres no beer in the house! Going to rectify that right now!!!!!!!

:'(
8/10 not bad for rant
"Breezer" Wrote:no beer
NO BEER!!!
Beer issue resolved along with giant cadburys buttons, biscuits and maltesers. Perfect ahead of weekend race heh
Nice rant - and nice solution to the rant!!

I've had a pretty indifferent evening myself - played footie which was great but have since been to the supermarket to buy bread and milk (spent £20 - how do i do it?), made lunches for the rest of the week, made dinner, done 2 loads of washing and tidied the house.  I have to say I love my young single playboy lifestyle  ??)
Lol so you had a good day then Wink I'v had days like that when nothing seems to go right, then go home looking forward to a ride on your bike only to notice EVERYTHING is fooked. Just ask Nick about my rant's, the rainly Swinley one where i lost both brakes and broke the chain 3 times due to cronic chain suck caused by a completely knackered drivetrain was a classic, i literally kicked the hek out of the bike a few times then threw it in a bush Smile
lol, snapping a chain is the one thing I have never done (tempting fate now). I have stripped teeth off cassettes and rings before though!

Closest I got to a throw it in the bush moment was when riding on the downs before, wind was at least 200mph, fed up, snapped my rear mech hanger 10 miles from the car but had a spare, naturally it chucked it down as I was changing it then back out in the wind which was now only 167mph but still annoying, I got a puncture, it rained, I gave up and walked the last mile or so cursing
"Treehugger" Wrote:Lol so you had a good day then Wink I'v had days like that when nothing seems to go right, then go home looking forward to a ride on your bike only to notice EVERYTHING is fooked. Just ask Nick about my rant's, the rainly Swinley one where i lost both brakes and broke the chain 3 times due to cronic chain suck caused by a completely knackered drivetrain was a classic, i literally kicked the hek out of the bike a few times then threw it in a bush Smile

/\ /\ That was funny!  It really was a full blown tantrum.  If i hadn't been on the verge of hypothermia i'd have stopped to laugh Wink
My turn for a Rant.

Bloody school run mums.

I was cycling from my office to a Managers meeting and this stupid woman was talking to her freind whilst the traffic had moved on, so she starts to move whilst still talking to freind on the side of the road. pushing me in to the kerb going over the handle bars and smashing my knee, elbow and "sit bones" and scraping her car.

I didnt know what hit me it was so fast, she was very very sorry and i kept my cool. I told her in no uncertain words what i thought about her actionss but was calm but in a lot of pain.

BTW volvo 4x4 with 1 kid in the back WHY??????

Rant over
Ooh that's bad news.  Why can't people look where they are going - its just common sense!!

Are you OK, and more importantly is your bike OK??!  I know its just the commuter but hey - its still a bike!