This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Marin frame
On Sunday 27th March whilst biking from Covert to Lyminge Forest my Marin Wolfridge suddenly cracked right thru the sloping tube between the BB and the Steerer tube,just above the BB.Had to walk approx two miles back to car.Marin's of that age (2003) have/had a lifetime frame warranty.My nearest Marin dealer is Hubcycles so took it there on Sunday afternoon.Luckily I've still got the original receipt.Hub sent it back to the importers and I've heard today that it will be replaced with a 2004 frame that they had in stock.Will collect it from Hub on Wednesday.Great service all round.
Blimey! Lucky to get 2yr warranties these days!!!!!! Importers just up the road from me, I pass them on the way home...
Good service, do you have a picture of the broken frame?
No unfortunately,cos' it would have won the best cracked frame pic in a competition
Wow that was lucky! Shame they didn't have a newer one to give you though, is it exactly the same frame?
I'm surprised they had an 04 one! Glad it was sorted so easily
FFS still waiting for replacement Boardman frame.
"MudMonkey" Wrote:FFS still waiting for replacement Boardman frame.

Sucks to be you...
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"MudMonkey" Wrote:FFS still waiting for replacement Boardman frame.

Big Grin As long as it arrives in time for your 2012 ride all will be good.
"Blackers" Wrote:Big Grin As long as it arrives in time for your 2012 ride all will be good.

Less cheek mr global gypsy ??)

I rode on road and off road last week thanks.