This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie in Ashford.
Hi all

Steve from Ashford, recently spoke with Dean85 on the phone about potentially buying his bike.

He suggested to sign up on here, and I think it is excellent to have a local 'crew'.

I have not been on a bike for at least a decade now, having previously owned the original Santa Cruz versions of the Chameleon, Super 8 and GT Zaskar....there you go I am showing my age now!!!

I did have a go at riding trials for a year but my shins didn't really agree with it too much.

I am a Professional Photographer in the Army, but soon to be leaving and settling down with my long term girl friend Emma and 1 year old daughter in Ashford.

I have just bought an 09 Orange ST4 in black and in the process of stripping it back and cleaning it, which you must agree is the most fun to do with your new bike.
Emma really isn't used to having bike parts all over the kitchen and the smell of GT85 wafting around the house.....she will learn.

Hope to catch with you all over time.

regards

Steve

p.s  I would really like to get out with my camera and lights and do some shots of riders over the summer, perhaps with the aim of producing a calendar next year???
Hi Steve

Welcome to Sketchy. I think it is safe to say that Ashford is now definately the centre of Kent when it comes to numbers on here. Just a shame it comes bottom of Kent when it comes to decent places to ride.

There are lots of us on here spread over Ashford and have most corners covered. Which area are you moving into? I'm from Singleton.

See you out rding soon

Wayne

PS - Hope you weren't thinking of a calendar girls type thing  :o
that could be an interesting calendar for sure!

I live in Willesborough, have been here for 5 years.
Welcome to the site!

When i saw your forum name i thought "90" referred to your year of birth.  I was going to shun you as it made me feel old but your following post made me feel much better  Wink

Hope the work on the bike goes well and you are riding it soon!
Hi,

Ashley here, another Ashford rider, well rider used in the loosest term possible. Ashford is lacking in places to ride if you like gravity assisted riding. I went up the Warren Sunday evening for a quick spin, one of the dh runs is quite good fun.

Kings Wood is a good ride but is not technical at all, just allows you to get in some distance.

Be good to get a photo shoot done too. Hope to meet you soon. Might even recognise you as I grew up in Willesborough.
"mashley" Wrote:Hi,

Ashley here, another Ashford rider, well rider used in the loosest term possible. Ashford is lacking in places to ride if you like gravity assisted riding. I went up the Warren Sunday evening for a quick spin, one of the dh runs is quite good fun.

Kings Wood is a good ride but is not technical at all, just allows you to get in some distance.

Be good to get a photo shoot done too. Hope to meet you soon. Might even recognise you as I grew up in Willesborough.

Years of under age drinking in the Albion does not count as growing up. (I done my under age drinking in the White Horse  Tongue)
Another (Tr)Ashfordian here Big Grin

Im out around ashford on my bike quite a lot, give me a shout if your ever around for a local ride, would love to go session somewhere for a photoshoot as well as am a bit into photography myself! Could be a laugh if we get some others out as well, I know Bill (HardtailStar) would be up for something like that as well and also lives in willesborough Smile

Anyway, welcome to the forum!  ;D
I have a wedding to shoot on Saturday in the midlands, but perhaps we could arrange something for one evening next week?
I'd be up for that if Tuesday or Wednesday? could go up the Warren and session the jumps and drops?
sounds like a plan.

Not knowing the Warren - can I park the car? as I would need to bring my lights etc.....wouldn't be able to get them on the bike.

i will leave it for you to arrange a few riders.

Remember to get some good shots, I would need some repetition over certain jumps to get things just right on camera etc etc.

It will be good fun though.